How to Root Droid-Noob Friendly

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by INSANENEIVIESIS, Feb 1, 2010.

1. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS New Member Developer

Ok i know there are a lot of these but im trying to make the easiest :motdroidvert:

IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE. ITS VERY HARD TO BRICK IT BUT IT COULD HAPPEN!!!!!!!

1. Go to your phone and to to Settings>about>system updates make sure your system is running the latest version of 2.0.1.

2. Download the file this is save it to your Desktop (for easy access) pre-named. zSHARE - update.zip.

3.mount your droid.

4. once on to your computer copy and paste the file in SD card your, droid is not the C:/ or the D:/ open your SD card and paste in the main Drive.

5. once its on your droid unmount and power off. then one your droid has shut down open the keyboard and hold X and the POWER BUTTON until to Motorola sign is gone you should see a triangle with an (!)

6. ok now press and hold the VOLUME PLUS and THE GOLD CAMERA BUTTON it should bring you to a list look and find (install update.zip) navigate using the dpad and press the center button dont mess with it let it do its thing once its done reboot your phone.

7. Now to make sure you rooted go to your apps and find a ninja looking guy it should be called Superuser Permission.

8. to get the SPRecovery recovery screen this is how you do it. download this file zSHARE - RootingTools.zip unzip it using
    winrar http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

9. once you have it unziped open it and go to the rooting tools and your should see a folder and a .apk(app file) mount your droid, copy both of those to your SD card where your put update.zip (not in it up above or below it)

10. once you have it go to the market place and get the free app called astro. open it and find root helper install it and open it and pick option 1 and 2 (it may force close the first time but after that i will work) then go to step 2 choose the only one there then go to step 3 and pick the first 2 again and then the last one. once your done with those go all the way to the bottom and pick the last option called 9.9 or something you will see it then hit reboot recovery

now you have a freshly rooted droid any questions please ask :)

some of you are saying about this E:/ something error and then its aborts mine says the same thing but i can root so i have no idea how to fix this sorry

P.S Dont root if your unsure what your doing do some more research if your feel unconformable :greendroid:
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  2. yankees2009

yankees2009 New Member

yo dude can you do a video on this please! im a NOOOOOOOOB!
  3. GOON

GOON New Member

wow!
    dude you cant go wrong with these directions
  4. Sodner

Sodner New Member

Looks doable. I'm giving it a go probably tomorrow night. Wish me luck.

Now once I ROOT I can boost the speed to 800Mhz still on 2.0.1 right? And I want to install the fix for the button lights being "on" while in the dock.
  5. bigmike35

bigmike35 New Member

Root

How do you save the 2.0.1 stuff to root back to stock?
  6. INSANENEIVIESIS

1. Download 2.0.1-stock-no-root-no-busybox-no-sholes-v4-BCDMRS-20100115-0421.rar and extract. hold x and power button and do a simple nandroid back up

2. Use everything inside the extracted folder to replace the NANDROID back up in your sd

3. Reboot into recovery> backup/restore> advanced nandroid restore> choose backup> 2.0.1-stock-no-root-no-busybox-no-sholes-v4-BCDMRS-20100115-0421
    *make sure restore boot, cache, data, misc, recovery, and system are all checked (*)

4. Select perform restore

5. Reboot and enjoy [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  7. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk New Member

8. dseevers

dseevers New Member

I am having problems getting the root to work when I get to the system recovery menu in the middle of the screen it says E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command. Any ideas why this is happening? When I go to apply sdcard:update.zip it aborts installation.
  9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Now can you do it for mac people?:)
  10. bigmike35

bigmike35 New Member

Root Info

Is this root set up a new thing of 2.0.1 firmware or the 2.1 firware?
  11. Dream

Dream New Member

Same problem here.
  12. therock

therock New Member

I Rooted As Instructed. Would like To Review With You

All went well but for the tools thing where you mentioned a force close would appear. It did on on more than one step but I continued on.

Then to the boot recovery 99 button. I got a different looking boot video looking like a fireworks show.

Edit: I did get the reboot prompt where I had to use the 4 way button to select boot. Then came the fire works show.

Am I done?

What about this one? I'm not clear on it. Is it to backup the needed goods to un-root back to as shipped? See below.

Download 2.0.1-stock-no-root-no-busybox-no-sholes-v4-BCDMRS-20100115-0421.rar and extract. hold x and power button and do a simple nandroid back up
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  13. therock

therock New Member

Are these steps to complete the un-root or to setup a system to be available to un-root?
  14. INSANENEIVIESIS

yeah :icon_ banana: those are the steps to go back
  15. therock

therock New Member

16. rod

rod New Member

add one step before all other steps.

1) buy a pc.

HA! sorry... :icon_evil:
  17. INSANENEIVIESIS

18. elpee0917

elpee0917 New Member

i get to step 6, and "install update.zip doesn't show up. instead it says something about accessing, and when i select it, it aborts and says error. (p.s., i'm using a mac, but i don't see how it could make a difference.)
  19. therock

therock New Member

I would like to add.

The Volume up and camera button press was not needed for me. The list came up on its own.

All of the button presses in step 10 came up with the force close or wait option. I chose close on each and moved on.

It appears I'm rooted as I have the new splash screen and the Superuser Permissions ninja.

Some clarification on backing up the rooted config and restoring to stock.

1. After rooting and a few test runs reboot holding the X and get to the backup/restore, advanced backup and do a backup. Check all the boxes. It will want you to name it. (be sure and always read the orange text in the center of your screen) This will be backing up the rooting.
    2. To backup the stock get the "2.0.1-stock-no-root-no-busybox-no-sholes-v4-BCDMRS-20100115-0421.rar" file and extract it to the sdcard.
    3. You will now have a new folder on the card named the same as the file. Copy it to the nandroid folder on the card. This is the same place as the root backup is in.
    Now if you want to restore either it will be in the list when you choose which backup.
Search tags for this page
download friendly root
droid x2 noob root
how to jailbreak a zte-z990g phone
how to root android zte z990g
how to root zte z990g
rooted set-z990g now what?
verizon droid x2 noob root

zte reef root

zte z990g root update

zte-z990g root

zte-z990g root update.zip download