how to root droid 2.2

Havok114

Reaction score
so im a newb when it comes to custom ROMS & ROOTING ,
but my phones been acting laggy and i want a better rom and the privilages rooting comes with
so my question is how do i root a droid running foryo 2.2

OP
H

Havok114

Reaction score
okay everything was going fine i thought it was rooting but it stopped in the process , to i clicked the camera button again and it said ABORTED what do i do ?

OP
H

Havok114

Reaction score
okay it said aborted because i had froyo 2.2 on the sd card as well (manually updated 2.2) i deleted it and everything went smooth ,
how do i add custom roms now ?

jrmdroid

Reaction score
okay it said aborted because i had froyo 2.2 on the sd card as well (manually updated 2.2) i deleted it and everything went smooth ,
how do i add custom roms now ?

Glad you were able to get rooted. Ya!! Welcome to the Darkside!

You can add a custom rom the same way you added MotoCashe1's "MotoCache1_Complete_Root_v1.1-update.zip" file. Go to the Custom ROM Section here and pick the one you want to add.

Example: Go to ChevyNo1 and click on SS 4.7 - FASTER - More Statusbar Options - Music Controls ++. From here you can download the ROM. Within this tread he has the instructions on what is in the release as well so read the OP. This could help answer some questions you might have.

To install:
1) save the ROM (either themed or unthemed there are 2 choices for SS 4.7) to the root of your SD Card as update.zip.
2) reboot your phone into SPRecovery (holding x while holding the power button)
3) Make a nandroid backup (arrow down to Backup/restore using the vol +, vol - button and camara to select)
4) Wipe/factory reset 3 to 4 times (you do not need to do this but read on): ChevyNo1 says not to wipe or do a a factory reset. In order for me to install this ROM I had to wipe and do a factory rest. So if you do not wipe you might get a bootloop or not just depends on your phone and how it reacts to the new ROM. If you get the bootloop you can restore using the nandroid backup you did. You can download bkapps.zip file from ChevyNo1 site where you downloaded the ROM and save it to the root of the SD Card and rename bkapps.zip to update.zip. Then install using sprecovery (use bullets 5 through 8 below to do this). Once done go back into your phone and backup your apps. Resave the ROM to the root of the SD Card and reboot into sprecovery. Once this is done go back into sprecovery and do a factory reset and wipe to start your new ROM Clean.
5) arrow down to install (using the vol +, vol - button and camara to select)
6) arrow down and click on allow update.zip installation (using the vol +, vol - button and camara to select)
7) arrow down and click install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated) (using the vol +, vol - button and camara to select)
8) once done hit the power button 2 times to get back and click on reboot system now (camara to select)

Once you have successfully have done that you have your phone the way you want it do another nadroid backup so you have a backup copy.

To overclock go to Overclock 101 by Skull One.

You can also add custom themes this same way. Go here to look at custom themes.

Good Luck, welcome to the darkside and enjoy ROM Testing. There are a lot of great stable ROMs out there. You may also want to test different kernel speeds. Chevy's kernels are good and I have no issues.

Last edited: