How to root Dinc2 after 2.3 upgrade?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm following this also. I just got my DINC2 last week and love it except for the bloat ware! It did the 2.3 update immediately after activating and gingerbread is cool. I'm moving to this from a Droid 1 with CM7. I think I'll be keeping the stock ROM for now and just freeze the bloat ware. When root is achieved please include directions for unrooting also, please! Or is that somewhere else on here? Thanks again!

hmmm?
How did you freeze the bloat? Did it remove it from the app drawer?

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

only way that would be possible is if temp-root is possible on GB...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course after root... lol
I thought you had managed to do it without ...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

kinz

Reaction score
I got lucky and got my second dinc2 and caught it before it did the update so now I am rooted. However I was wondering now that I am rooted, can I update from froyo(2.2) to gingerbread (2.3)?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

estafusisx

Reaction score
yea you should be able to. just find a pre-rooted version of GB and flash it as a rom and you should be good (thats going off of my experience with the D1 so if there's anything different about the DINC2 please let me know before i screw someone over lol) but it should be mostly the same.

fjgotgame24

Reaction score
Have you tried this on it inc 2

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
yea you should be able to. just find a pre-rooted version of GB and flash it as a rom and you should be good (thats going off of my experience with the D1 so if there's anything different about the DINC2 please let me know before i screw someone over lol) but it should be mostly the same.

This would only be possible if you already had s-off. If you modify the upgrade file, the signature becomes invalid and then the stock recovery will not install it. It has to be signed by HTC to install in the stock recovery.

bigpappa3

Reaction score
I just purchased mine and it already came with the 2.3.3. I'm subscribing to this thread for any further updates as well. Please notify us immediately when you guys gain root access on Incredible 2 with 2.3.3. Thanks for all your help dev team!

cfleury

Reaction score
I finally decided to root my Dinc2 (w/ Gingerbread) and found this thread..... :-(

bigpappa3

Reaction score
Well the good news is that htc announced that they will allow all of their android devices to be bootloader unlocked. The tool is available soon at htcdev.com soon now we just have to wait till it launches.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Tweeted by jcase a little while ago, Revolutionary can now root the Incredible 2 2.3. Currently it crashes at downloading CWM, so you still have to flash that and SU manually, but it definitely works!!

Little812

Reaction score
Tweeted by jcase a little while ago, Revolutionary can now root the Incredible 2 2.3. Currently it crashes at downloading CWM, so you still have to flash that and SU manually, but it definitely works!!

It won't be long right? Good stuff thanks for the update.