[How To] Return your Galaxy Nexus to 100% Stock, Locked Bootloader

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus Development' started by jntdroid, Dec 16, 2011.

1. mrZoSo

mrZoSo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's a modified script that will allow you to choose between 4.0.1 and 4.0.2. (as long as you have either image or both) It also has the option to re-lock the bootloader, without the need to have the full Android SDK on your system.
    I'll also update it when the official 4.0.3 images are released.
    I don't take no credit for what was already done, I just modified it ;)

[​IMG]

Prerequisites:
    --------------
    Windows PC running XP, Vista, or Windows 7
    USB and ADB drivers must be installed and working properly.
    Google Images (You only need the one you want to flash to, having both is optional):
    4.0.1 - https://dl.google.com/android/aosp/mysid-itl41d-factory-516b56c2.tgz
    4.0.2 - https://dl.google.com/android/aosp/mysid-icl53f-factory-65895fa8.tgz

Instructions:
    ==========
    1- Extract folder with contents of this package.
    2- You will need the Google Factory image for the version you want to restore, or both if you want.
    3- Extract the image files to the same folder in step one. Image files should not be in a seperate folder!
    So you should have, in one folder, the above files contained in this package plus:

image-mysid-xxxxxx.zip (xxxxxx= pertains to what version)
    radio-tor-i515.xxxx.img
    radio-cdma-tor-i515.xxxx.img
    flash-all.sh
    bootloader-tor-primexxxx.img

4- Enable USB debugging in Developer options on phone.
    5- Dbl click on GNexRestore.bat and follow the prompts.

Optional:
    ---------
    If you do have the Android SDK installed, just copy the image files and GNexRestore.bat to the platform-tools folder.
    fastboot.exe will also be needed, if you don't have it already, just copy the one in this package to the same location.
    Then run GNexRestore.bat

Download:
    ‚ÄčMultiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

#25 mrZoSo, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  2. 1FZFE

1FZFE Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I uninstalled all drivers from my computer and used the "naked" Samsung 1.7 driver found over on xda. No need for PDA net or anything else. Worked for my machine where I'm just using this fastboot folder as well as the one with sdk / jdk installed. After installing you may have to manually update the driver in device manager. It will complain about it not being signed. ADB and fastboot recognize the device. The drivers have by far been the biggest pain when messing with this phone.

Sent from my Nook Color using Tapatalk

3. sefirosu0522

sefirosu0522 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys could someone point me in the right direction? I'm not sure what adb is or how to use it. I'd like to know how to be able to flash back to 100% stock. I see the directions, I just dont know what adb is.

4. mrZoSo

mrZoSo Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. sefirosu0522

sefirosu0522 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. otter34

otter34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've screwed my phone up pretty good, but since I can still mount I am hoping I can return to stock. I see the files adb, adbwinapi.dll, adbwinusbapi.dll, bootloader-toro-primekk15, fastboot, flash-all.sh, image-mysid-icl53f, radio-cdma-toro-i515-ek.o5, radio-toro-i515.eko2

When you say adb reboot bootloader do you mean to double click it? Same w/when you say "fastboot (x,y,z....)" Just double click?

Sorry I did't read the threads. I spent 2 weeks unlocking and dealing w/ driver issues and now my phone is screwed up and I am hoping I can get back to stock so I can do it all over again :-(. Spent 5 hours on this now and am too tired to read the posts and I apologize if the question has been asked before

7. mrZoSo

mrZoSo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Look at post 25 and put the GNexRestore.bat where all your files are and double click it. Just answer 2 questions and it does it for you.

8. CTownDroid

CTownDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    My son needs help please. He unlocked and rooted his Nexus recently. Today he was changing the soft touch buttons color and adding search. Thats when the phone stopped at the Google logo with the unlock symbol. Has been trying to load the drivers but cant get the pc (vista 32) to recognize the Nexus. Can see it in USB deview. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

9. mrZoSo

mrZoSo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If he made back-ups before trying to change the buttons, you should be able to go in to bootloader, then go to recovery from there(Vol up or down, you'll see recovery listed, then press power button), and restore using one of the back-ups.
    If there's no back-ups and you want to get it back to stock, I suggest trying these drivers:
    [ADB/FB Driver] Naked Samsung Driver 1.7 - xda-developers

10. CTownDroid

CTownDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    A backup would have been nice, unfortunately my son didn't backup. Needless to say, he will now. Our main problem was getting the phone mounted, after we finally accomplished that, followed the steps here and all fixxed now.

Lesson learned!

11. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Finally updated the OP with MrZoSo's nice script and instructions...

12. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    im going to be unrooting it and relocking the bootloader using the manual way in around 5 minutes. anyone on to guide me through if i have any questions/problems?

Edit- I did it manually and it worked like a charm. for the people who are researching how to unroot a bit, you have to be patient when you see the booting screen at the end. mine was stuck on it for like 4 min then it rebooted and was stuck for around 2 minutes but it vibrated and went on (what a relief)

I would have done the automated one, but i read over the code, and i saw that it was only designed for step 8 to reboot. i was unsure if it was supposed to reboot so i did it manually just in case.

I would also have done wugs one, but nobody talked about unrooting and relocking in the topics, so i had no idea if there were any errors in the script so i chose to do it this way. Wugs and the Automated one are probably the same codes, which are also the same as this code. They are all the same :D.

This is the steps i took (from scratch)

1. Dled Wugs program.
    2. Dled drivers and sdk with it. (windows 7 additionally dled another driver for the phone as well).
    3. in the platform-tools folder i shift, right clicked and opened the command prompt from there. i then started to write the code manually, double checking each line letter for letter.

Worked like a charm. Good to know that the unroot method for the galaxy nexus is very easy and reliable. Thanks google for the files and Support!

Hopefully soon, a method such as restoring a nandroid to get to stock will come out :D.

#36 doublea500, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
Search tags for this page
flash galaxy nexus back to stock
galaxy nexus back to stock
galaxy nexus revert to stock
how to restore galaxy nexus to stock
how to return galaxy nexus to stock

restore galaxy nexus to stock

return galaxy nexus to stock

returning galaxy nexus to stock
return to stock galaxy nexus