How To Restore Your Droid Bionic To Jelly Bean 4.1.2 From Any Version

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For Droid Bionic users the question of whether or not you are on the OTA update path has always been a huge issue. In fact it tended to always make things a real pain for me. If you wanted the latest and greatest firmware you often had to take yourself off the OTA update path and then hope that someone would eventually find a way to get you back on the update path so that you could have the official firmware on your device. "Fadtydawg" has put together a thread dedicated to getting you on official 4.1.2! Some of you may be in a state where you currently are not able to simply go into settings and find the latest update. If this is you you will want to head to the thread below.

There are two methods listed. The first method requires that you are already rooted. With this method you will keep your root with backing it up and restoring it. In this method you will be able to sideload the Jelly Bean update for the Droid Bionic. The second method requires you to fastboot. This method will take you back to ICS stock firmware where you should be able to regain root and then OTA your way back to JB.

Check Out The Detailed Thread Here

Last edited:

bthoms

Reaction score
So, is the title true? These methods are getting back to ICS and then taking the upgrade, but it says from any version. Does this work if you're Jelly Bean but having problems? Or is there an FXZ file for the official Jelly Bean release for the Bionic?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I heard there was a jb fxz. I think this is for any version of ICS or GB.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
When i click on the link I'm not seeing the thread just responses, what am i doing wrong? Need info to non rooted ics (2.3 i think)