How to reset to stock (Safestrap 2.00, Hashcode's CM9 20120709)

altoid

Reaction score

GigaJake

Reaction score
If you want to sbf your phone you can still use the instructions found in the first post. Just make sure that you switch back to your stock system and uninstall safestrap through the app so you can access the stock recovery.

VERY IMPORTANT:
Do NOT use any Gingerbread sbf files since you have the ics kernel. You'll brick your phone if you do so. You MUST use the official ics ota sbf file.
You can find it at Hashcode's stuff for the droid 4 at:
Goo.im/devs/Hascode/maserati

The second set of instructions will also work, assuming you set up the files properly as instructed

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
A

altoid

Reaction score
I have followed the set of instructions from the first post and my phone is now running stock ICS. Thank you for your help.

droidbound

Reaction score
I have followed the set of instructions from the first post and my phone is now running stock ICS. Thank you for your help.

Just curious: Why did you go back to stock?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

OP
A

altoid

Reaction score
The version I was running has issues with data reception. After switching to stock, I found that all my contacts are messed up (wrong phone numbers showing up under a contact name, wrong profile images, wrong email address) after syncing with google. I am not sure why this is happening. I may have to install cm10 to sidestep this issue.

This is the problem I am hitting:
Contacts auto joining driving me insane - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com