how to reset my droid to default settings?

akj27

Reaction score
Just like when I first got it? And by that I mean system updates and everything else. I just wanna keep my media on my sd card, besides that everything else can go.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just like when I first got it? And by that I mean system updates and everything else. I just wanna keep my media on my sd card, besides that everything else can go.

Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset.

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
No, that doesn't erase system updates.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you asking how to get back to an earlier O/S like from 2.2 back to 2.1?

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
Right. When I bought my phone I guess the OS that came with it was 2.0. I wanna go back to what it was when I first bought it. Would I have to download and install an earlier version? I say this because every since I upgraded to 2.2 I've been having problems. First no music app would work, then my phone would randomly shut off, now I can't watch any videos on the internet (non flash). It's just a pain in the ass.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Right. When I bought my phone I guess the OS that came with it was 2.0. I wanna go back to what it was when I first bought it. Would I have to download and install an earlier version? I say this because every since I upgraded to 2.2 I've been having problems. First no music app would work, then my phone would randomly shut off, now I can't watch any videos on the internet (non flash). It's just a pain in the ass.

Music apps work on 2.2 and the phone is not supposed to shut down. I assume you are not rooted? If that is the case, the first thing to do is a factory reset, as suggested to see if that straightens out some of your issues. If it doesn't, then contact Verizon. Your phone and the software are covered by a warranty. Good luck.

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score

Music apps work on 2.2 and the phone is not supposed to shut down. I assume you are not rooted? If that is the case, the first thing to do is a factory reset, as suggested to see if that straightens out some of your issues. If it doesn't, then contact Verizon. Your phone and the software are covered by a warranty. Good luck.

I didn't purchase the warranty nor do I pay a fee every month, so I think I'm out of luck as far as that goes.

I did the hard reset, we'll see if that helps.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't have to pay an initial or monthly charge for warranty issues, as long as you are the original owner of the phone and bought it from Best Buy or VZW it will be covered

InfernoX51

Reaction score
If you still want to revert back, just flash the 2.1 SBF file with RSDLite. It's around here somewhere.... That'll put ya right back in the stone age, haha!