How to replace the back cover on the nexus 6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If what I've heard was concrete.. I'd spill it lol.. As it is.. Its as elusive as dust in the wind.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What "kind" of "dust"?

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hopefully not the kind of dust that is going to make me look at my Nexus 6 with disdain.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Somebody say, "Dust"???

Slickwraps just came out with a selection of leather backs for the N6. Instead of placing the leather back on top of the OEM back I peeled off my OEM back and applied the leather directly. I just did it last night... LOOKS AWESOME. I'm going to order a white OEM back incase I have to switch backs to get warranty work done on my device.

I'll post some pictures tonight.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
After watching this video I was thinking about trying that. I have been eyeing a dBrand skin for some time now, but was afraid the added bulk would render my case unable to fit.

Please do post some pics.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
...I have been eyeing a dBrand skin for some time now, but was afraid the added bulk would render my case unable to fit...

The Dbrand vinyl skins are THIN. I was using the CF skin since day one. I seriously doubt they'd affect a case at all. The Slickwrap natural skins are really thick though. However, after you peel off the OEM back and install the leather the device is EXACTLY the same thickness.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The Dbrand vinyl skins are THIN. I was using the CF skin since day one. I seriously doubt they'd affect a case at all. The Slickwrap natural skins are really thick though. However, after you peel off the OEM back and install the leather the device is EXACTLY the same thickness.

Awesome, look forward to the pictures.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Here it is. I stretched it to close the seams. This thing is virtually a perfect fit and I mean PERFECT. I also have the football leather cover that I'm saving for next year. Over all it improves grip IMMENSELY.

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here it is. I stretched it to close the seams. This thing is virtually a perfect fit and I mean PERFECT. I also have the football leather cover that I'm saving for next year. Over all it improves grip IMMENSELY.

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg
Ordered a football leather.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Somebody say, "Dust"???

Slickwraps just came out with a selection of leather backs for the N6. Instead of placing the leather back on top of the OEM back I peeled off my OEM back and applied the leather directly. I just did it last night... LOOKS AWESOME. I'm going to order a white OEM back incase I have to switch backs to get warranty work done on my device.

I'll post some pictures tonight.
Pics?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What "kind" of "dust"?

Magic hallucinogenic type dust... Lmao.. Meaning.. Until you see it.. Don't take it as concrete