How to: REPLACE INCREDIBLE BLOWN SPEAKER

tonynalli

Reaction score
i siad it was coming and here it is. i couldn't find a video online for this so i decided to make my own. i take apart at least 100 phones a week and hadn't taken my phone apart yet so here it goes.

the nokia 6300 speaker is an almost identical replacement speaker for the incredible. for 2.99 with free shipping you can get this and fix it yourself. since i hate having to send my phone away just like the rest of the world. any questions comments or concerns let me know. here is the link to the ebay seller and the youtube video. i hope you enjoy. forgot to add in the video that youll need a t6 torx to remove the screws

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

[video=youtube;7O8OmRtyrZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O8OmRtyrZA[/video]

Last edited:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Awesome post!!! Thanks man.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Just took the back off my DI, and one thing that isn't mentioned in the video is that you need a special screwdriver to remove the four screws. I believe it's a torx type head on the screws...

Last edited:
OP
T

tonynalli

Reaction score
easy mistake. thank you. the first recording i took mentioned that. however my blackberry rang like 3 times while making it so i re-filmed it. I edited that in the originally post. t6 driver.

mblaster

Reaction score
On my second incredible. First one blew the speaker within a few weeks.Second one now has bown a speaker . Funny thing is a hardly use the speaker. What a piece of shiat.

BLMZ

Reaction score
I am now going on my tenth incredible. I've only used stock ringtones and haven't play a song or video since the 2nd phone. Has anybody heard anyone, either verizon or HTC acknowledge a problem? Everytime i call them, they are surprised. Verizon refuses to give me a droid x. They can only give me a comparable phone but surprise surprise, They don't sell one! I'm losing my mind over this. 9 phones In 5 months, and Verizon still tells me that they haven't heard of this..... ugh

Waveraider

Reaction score
I have not had a chance to view the youtube video yet. Is the aftermarket speaker a better quality than the original speaker, or the same?

metalhead

Reaction score
I am now going on my tenth incredible. I've only used stock ringtones and haven't play a song or video since the 2nd phone. Has anybody heard anyone, either verizon or HTC acknowledge a problem? Everytime i call them, they are surprised. Verizon refuses to give me a droid x. They can only give me a comparable phone but surprise surprise, They don't sell one! I'm losing my mind over this. 9 phones In 5 months, and Verizon still tells me that they haven't heard of this..... ugh

I`ve had problems with mine too and have gotten the same response from Verizon that they have never heard of that before. I was beginning to think it was something I was doing even though I`ve been more protective of this phone than any others I`ve had in the past. I`m on my third phone now & its got the same problem. At least I know I`m not alone.

boogiethecat

Reaction score
Replacing droid speaker without voiding warranty

The video is really cool, THANK YOU, and yes the nokia 6300 speaker is a perfect replacement. I'm REALLY happy I tried this instead of dragging my phone back to Verizon a third time.

What I learned is that you don't have to void the warranty to change the speaker!
Fortunately HTC applies the "void" sticker to a screw that is on the other end of the phone from the speaker... so all you need to do is unscrew three of the four screws that hold the phone together, but NOT the screw with the "void" sticker.
Then if you're careful you can easily pry enough of the case apart to allow the old speaker to fall out, and replace it with the new one!!!

Hee hee cat n mouse....

madfatter

Reaction score
diving incredible

Could this method be used to replace a speaker that now crackles after my incredible took a 5 second dive in the toilet last night. Its been ina bag of rice since then. It turns on and works okay, but the speaker is really crackly, like its blown

davisa

Reaction score
just wondering how the speaker is holding up. my stock speaker is starting to distort and i was thinking of buying a few of these to keep on hand if they work as good as the stock one used to.

Last edited:

ChevroletR

Reaction score
I got my HTC INC. Dec 31 and just became one of the blown speaker customers, but haven't seen any posts after February or so. Has HTC improved this design?

I see so many posts on people on their 3rd, 4th+ Incredible and I don't want to waste my time getting a refurb and 'starting fresh' when I can replace it with a better speaker. Can anybody give us an update on these Nokia 6300 speakers? Are they still holding up and are they a proven better design?

I just tried gently taking my 'VOID' sticker off the screw with a pocket knife and it came off without notice and went back on just as nice so I'm OK with that. Need a T6 screwdriver or bit still.

Thank you!!