How to replace built in SMS/MMS app?

Tvo14

Reaction score
I downloaded Handcet as a alternative SMS app and it looks pretty cool and I set it as the default but whenever I get a TXT I get two notifications now. Once from Handcet and one from the default SMS app.
Anyone know how to disable the internal one?
I'm running Comrom 2.1
Thanks!

Reaction score
I think you just have to go in the settings in the defualt sms menu and turn off notifications.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Nas

Reaction score
Turn off auto retrieve from your original and then you can delete the original messaging app and keep hand cent

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If its anything like other Android phones deleting the stock messaging app will break your ability to send and receive mms messages. Do as the previous poster said and just turn off notifications in the stock one. All the 3rd party messaging apps piggy back off the stock one.

end of line...

Nas

Reaction score
If its anything like other Android phones deleting the stock messaging app will break your ability to send and receive mms messages. Do as the previous poster said and just turn off notifications in the stock one. All the 3rd party messaging apps piggy back off the stock one.

end of line...

I have a fascinate and I don't have the original messaging in my phone. Haven't used it in about a year. Always used handcent, if you have handcent for auto retrieve you'll be fine