How to remove "type to search" from contacts search

akates

Reaction score
Why is it that every time I hit the search button in contacts or open up contacts in search mode the text "type to search" pops up? Obviously I'm going to type, that's why I hit the damn search button! I find it gets in the way of what I'm trying to type and I can't see what I'm doing. Is there any way to turn this off as it seems incredibly stupid.

OP
A

akates

Reaction score
Ok this is still driving me nuts. Somebody has to know how to get rid of the "Type To Search" text that blocks the keyboard on a search window.

ZzEther

Reaction score
My phone says it for 1 second and then goes away. Its gone almost before I'm ready to type. Are you saying yours sits there all the time and doesn't disappear?

OP
A

akates

Reaction score
No, it goes away after probably 1-2 seconds, but it's definitely there when I begin to type. Usually when I'm searching for a contact I already know what I'm going to type so when I hit the contacts button I'd like to begin typing immediately without having to wait for the stupid text to clear. If I do start typing it does understand the letters that are hidden by the text, I just can't see what I'm doing. Just seems like a dumb option that should be able to remove. I mean, why else would the keyboard and search window be there, of course I'm going to type to search!

swrodgers

Reaction score
Hey look, it’s a keyboard. I'm with you, I already know what to do, and the little screen tip is on my short list of annoyances with this phone. When I’m in a hurry this just gets in the way.