How to remove "Superuser" from Android Market "Not Installed" list

ERIC8585

Reaction score
So I rooted my Droid Bionic using the steps on this forum and then decided to unroot. Everything seems fine, but the "Superuser" app appears in android market under "Not Installed" list of "My Apps." Is there any way to remove it? If I select it the only option I have is to download it.

View attachment 41608

Thanks

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Try clearing data for the market. Its under settings: manage apps: find the maker and clear data.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hmmmm...well I'm not sure what else to do. I don't often pay attention to that part.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

indee2025

Reaction score
So I rooted my Droid Bionic using the steps on this forum and then decided to unroot. Everything seems fine, but the "Superuser" app appears in android market under "Not Installed" list of "My Apps." Is there any way to remove it? If I select it the only option I have is to download it.

View attachment 41608

Thanks

The reason you are seeing that is because you have (in your settings menu under "privacy") allowed google to backup all of the things you do on your device so any apps that have been installed & even uninstalled are tracked in that backup. If you got another device, signed in with your current google account and then selected "restore" it would again put that application onto your list of uninstalled apps.....I would recommend trying to find out where you can access the material google will restore from your backup and edit that app out of the list or you will have to do a factory reset, when you set up the device after the reset do not select to restore from google-simply sign in and input anything you need yourself. In all honesty I'm not sure if it's your OCD or you want to do something with the device and are afraid of someone finding out you had once rooted it but the best recommendation if not is to simply ignore it in the list as it won't do you any harm.

OP
E

ERIC8585

Reaction score
The reason you are seeing that is because you have (in your settings menu under "privacy") allowed google to backup all of the things you do on your device so any apps that have been installed & even uninstalled are tracked in that backup. If you got another device, signed in with your current google account and then selected "restore" it would again put that application onto your list of uninstalled apps.....I would recommend trying to find out where you can access the material google will restore from your backup and edit that app out of the list or you will have to do a factory reset, when you set up the device after the reset do not select to restore from google-simply sign in and input anything you need yourself. In all honesty I'm not sure if it's your OCD or you want to do something with the device and are afraid of someone finding out you had once rooted it but the best recommendation if not is to simply ignore it in the list as it won't do you any harm.

I don't think that is the case because other apps I have uninstalled do not show up on that list.

indee2025

Reaction score
Well when apps show up in the "my apps" section of the sub menu for the market I see all of the Droid X overclock and Droid X Bootstrap apps I havent downloaded since I went from DX to Droid Pro to Droid 3 to SGS2 to Droid Bionic...on each one of those devices I have seen those apps but no new ones, reason being is when I stopped letting google back up my info was when I left the Droid X...sorry if that's no help to you but in my case it was cut & dry what was going on....

OP
E

ERIC8585

Reaction score
Well when apps show up in the "my apps" section of the sub menu for the market I see all of the Droid X overclock and Droid X Bootstrap apps I havent downloaded since I went from DX to Droid Pro to Droid 3 to SGS2 to Droid Bionic...on each one of those devices I have seen those apps but no new ones, reason being is when I stopped letting google back up my info was when I left the Droid X...sorry if that's no help to you but in my case it was cut & dry what was going on....

Thanks for your help. I'll give your method a shot.

MiNuS420

Reaction score
I have this exact same problem. Only I was able to uninstall some bloatware while rooted. But now that I'm unrooted SuperUser and Virgin Mobile Live show up in the uninstalled section. I also want to get rid of this without having to do a factory reset. I'm sure there is a fix out there. There always is. I will keeping hunting and if I do find a fix I will post it.

dags5000

Reaction score
sorry no solution here - but just curious, why the need to remove them? They don't harm anything and probably will fall off on their own after some period of time not being installed. there is no risk to having them in that list whatsoever.