how to remove password to listen to voicemail?

ak990

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to disable the need to enter my password when trying to listen to my voicemail. Can someone explain how to do this? I would like to just dial *86 and hear my messages

jamjr74

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to disable the need to enter my password when trying to listen to my voicemail. Can someone explain how to do this? I would like to just dial *86 and hear my messages

Don't think you can disable password but what I did is the following:

1. Hit settings then select call

2. select voicemail settings

3. then hit voicemail number

4. It should say *86- after the *86 add a , (which means pause) and the add your password and a # sign.

This will automatically enter your password everytime you access your voicemail.

OP
A

ak990

Reaction score
For some reasons still having an issue here. I:

1. Tap the menu button
2. Tap settings
3. Select call

But then under the "voicemail" bar i have three options to choose from:
1. voicemail service
2. voicemail settings
3. clear voicemail notification

Voicemail settings (and #3) are greyed out so i can't select them.

Any suggestions on how to enable "voicemail settings" so i can change them.

nate39

Reaction score
Sorry to jump in here but I tried this and it works great. This is useful info, thanks

drtnsnw

Reaction score
that works great!!! I just eddited the contact for voicemailand added the password in after the *86. Worked awsome

Chris

Cobraxxx

Reaction score

4. It should say *86- after the *86 add a , (which means pause) and the add your password and a # sign.

This will automatically enter your password everytime you access your voicemail.

This tip works, you are a genius. Thanks.

jazzed

Reaction score
Thank you so much!! I had to enter "wait" instead of an "a". You are Awesome! :rolleyes:

NoelleT

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s6

Thank you SO MUCH for your post!! I've searched EVERYWHERE for an answer to this, (you seen to be correct that I don't believe it can be turned off) & I hesatently tried your instructions... GREAT idea! It's nice to not have to enter a password each time, thanks again!!

jamjr74

Reaction score
Thank you SO MUCH for your post!! I've searched EVERYWHERE for an answer to this, (you seen to be correct that I don't believe it can be turned off) & I hesatently tried your instructions... GREAT idea! It's nice to not have to enter a password each time, thanks again!!

Glad it helped.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
one of the advantages of old threads :) still has good info.

I am surprised that a certain member has not been here yet saying something about posting in a three year old thread :p

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saw the thread.....since I am the certain someone you mention. But in this case the old thread was still relevant to a phone that doesn't have Visual Voicemail. And today's poster was posting a thank you for finding useful information.

What I do comment about is old threads being rejuvenated because of spam posting. But that wasn't the case today.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk