How to remove credit card info from Market?

B

budmonster

I bought an app using my CC from the Market? How do I remove my CC info from the Market, so it's no longer stored?

Also, is there a way to buy an app now and have it show up on your Verizon bill instead of entering in you CC everytime?

harrellj

Reaction score
Go to https://checkout.google.com/ and sign in with your phone account. On the left-hand side, there's an option to edit payment methods.

For your second question, I don't believe that has been implemented yet. Its in the works (as is being able to pay via Paypal).

OP
J

Johnly

I keep my card on file.....love love love buying apps:)

OP
B

budmonster

I keep my card on file.....love love love buying apps:)

Yes, until someone gets your card number.

Someone opened up 3 credit cards in my girlfriends name, 2 were taken off. Were still fighting with Capitol One and its been 2 years. These ****heads got a $500 limit, spent it all, obviously never payed and the late fees made the total due out to around $1500!

That's why I don't like having my personal info online, it can happen to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

budmonster

I bought Jrummys OC app, it was a $1.50 in the Market. Google charged me a $1.50 and then another $1.00 on my CC bill. What is the extra $1.00 about?

harrellj

Reaction score
No idea unless its a temporary hold, since they do have the 24 hour return policy.

harrellj

Reaction score
They shouldn't charge you unless you keep the app installed for over 24 hours. I was speculating that $1 was similar to the $1 that gas stations will "charge" you when you pump gas (to make sure the transaction can go through). It is something that will quietly go away usually.