How to remember to use my Gas App?

Claudia

Reaction score
I like the idea of the gas/car apps. Except I forget to log my info everytime I fill up my truck. And if you don't do it everytime its useless.

How do you guys remember to use it? or have you set up Tasker for it?

Thanks for any ideas.

boddah

Reaction score
Do you have a couple stations you fill at regularly? Maybe make a smart actions rule with those stations locations as triggers, and have it launch the gas app and send you a reminder?

OP
C

Claudia

Reaction score
Yeah, we pretty much use the same stations. I'll have to set some actions for it. Thank you.

Sent from my Rooted DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

tommyz

Reaction score
I like the idea of the gas/car apps. Except I forget to log my info everytime I fill up my truck. And if you don't do it everytime its useless.

How do you guys remember to use it? or have you set up Tasker for it?

Thanks for any ideas.

I don't understand... Just make it a part of the routine of filling up the vehicle. In my case it's enter the trip odometer into the fuelly website, reset the trip computer, then after pumping enter the gallons.

It's all about making it routine. And if you miss a time it's not a big deal, that tank just won't count for the average mileage.

Routine!

Natey2

Reaction score
Get a receipt from the pump. Write down the odometer mileage on the receipt, and keep the receipt in your pocket until you get some time to enter the info into your app.
I use the aCar app.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

OP
C

Claudia

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips.
I'm trying to make it routine, habit, but until I do.....

I've got Tasker set up for the application to come on when at my usual gas stations. Hopefully it'll help until I get in the habit and do it at all fill ups.

tommyz

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips.
I'm trying to make it routine, habit, but until I do.....

I've got Tasker set up for the application to come on when at my usual gas stations. Hopefully it'll help until I get in the habit and do it at all fill ups.

Cool... BTW, what app are you using to record your mileage?

mattman5000

Reaction score
I was using the fuelly app for a while. Still do sometimes. I never had any problem making it a routine. It gave me something to do while waiting for the tank to fill. I would always remember to do it while was standing there doing nothing. It was fun for a few months, but since the mileage is always the same ~15mpg :( I wasn't really gaining any useful info after the first few fill ups.

tommyz

Reaction score
I was using the fuelly app for a while. Still do sometimes. I never had any problem making it a routine. It gave me something to do while waiting for the tank to fill. I would always remember to do it while was standing there doing nothing. It was fun for a few months, but since the mileage is always the same ~15mpg :( I wasn't really gaining any useful info after the first few fill ups.

Do you mean you were using Fuelly in the phone browser? I wasn't aware there was a dedicated app for Fuelly. I use Fuelly, but through the browser.

Here's my Fuelly page: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/tommyz/

Last edited:

mattman5000

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. I meant the Fuelly web page. Not app. That is not the first time that I forgot that there is no app. There have been a couple of times when I have found myself at the gas pump searching my app drawer the app before remembering that I'm supposed to be going to the web site.

tommyz

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. I meant the Fuelly web page. Not app. That is not the first time that I forgot that there is no app. There have been a couple of times when I have found myself at the gas pump searching my app drawer the app before remembering that I'm supposed to be going to the web site.

I thought maybe you knew something I didn't know about.

I actually have a shortcut for the Gasbuddy App and a browser shortcut for Fuelly on one of my home screens on the phone. It just makes it quicker to access those when I need them.