How to recover prior to installing Google ROM App

rp3

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm very new to the rooting thing and I hope I didn't mess anything up. I recently rooted my Incredible with Unrevoked 3.21 and this is what I've done since...

.. After reading about some info on ROM Manager, I flashed ClockworkMod Recover
.. confirmed the model of my phone
.. selected the Google Apps add-on
.. phone went through a back-up
.. now my phone has booted into the generic out-of-box set-up and all my previously installed apps are missing

My question is, how to get everything back to the way it was before I selected Google Apps add-on? I am very new to this and probably shouldn't be messing with rooting & ROM type stuff yet until I fully understand.

Any suggestions... please!?

mikeymop

Reaction score
I'm assuming you checked backup and clear when you installed the GAPPS. If this is true, got to recovery and then go to backup/restore and click restore.

This is called a nandroid restore and is a full backup of a previous state you'r phone was in

OP
R

rp3

Reaction score
I selected Backup Existing ROM & Wipe Data and Cache. Luckily, I think, I was able to bring it back to the original state before installing the Google App add-on.

Thank you for your help. Through poking around (very dangerously) I was able to bring it back as mentioned earlier. After reading many posts/forums, I find that it is best the I have a back-up app, like Titanium, to save my butt. Upon downloaded Titanium, it stated that I needed to verify that my ROM is rooted and includes BusyBox. This is all becoming quite confusing, however I'm up for the challenge. What is a good ROM to utilize for Incredible and what are the basics needed to get started in this new realm?

mikeymop

Reaction score
I selected Backup Existing ROM & Wipe Data and Cache. Luckily, I think, I was able to bring it back to the original state before installing the Google App add-on.

Thank you for your help. Through poking around (very dangerously) I was able to bring it back as mentioned earlier. After reading many posts/forums, I find that it is best the I have a back-up app, like Titanium, to save my butt. Upon downloaded Titanium, it stated that I needed to verify that my ROM is rooted and includes BusyBox. This is all becoming quite confusing, however I'm up for the challenge. What is a good ROM to utilize for Incredible and what are the basics needed to get started in this new realm?

Titanium can be a pain, I'd recommend MyBackup Pro. When you buy it theres three buttons, one for back up and one for restore. It's very user friendly and comes with 2gb cloud storage so you can backup you'r apps in hte cloud of on the SD. Try that app out