How to QUICKLY disable/enable 3G Data on Droid 2?

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
If you want the phone on then you can do it in your settings to; It takes a couple steps to get there but it's not difficult.

I can use AnyCut to access the Data Manager or go though the settings menu. But as the threat stated I wanted to quickly turn it on or off.

ebruot

Reaction score
Download power controls plus, it will do what you want. It's only a Buck or two.

Taegost

Reaction score
If the Droid 2 is like the original Droid in this regard, the only way to shut off data is with the airplane mode. That's why Juice Defender was largely irrelevant on that device.

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

ebruot

Reaction score
Power controls plus has an option to turn 3g off as did the power controls in CyanogenMod for the Droid1

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Power controls plus has an option to turn 3g off as did the power controls in CyanogenMod for the Droid1
I think the turning 3G off only works wit gsm devices...plus the OP say that it is time consuming to do it manually...not tryin to offend him but really? It only take seconds to do it manually.

Sent from my DROID2

arturocald

Reaction score
I use switchpro from the market, and is able to be custumized.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ebruot

Reaction score
I think the turning 3G off only works wit gsm devices...plus the OP say that it is time consuming to do it manually...not tryin to offend him but really? It only take seconds to do it manually.

Sent from my DROID2

I use it on my droid2 which of course is cdma, not gem, and have tested it and works perfectly. I don't know why people keep saying it does not work on the droid2.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Extended Controls has an option to enable/disabling data network. You are still able to place calls, and no 3G hogging up power all with one touch.

napjester

Reaction score
I user Extended controls as well and it works great!:yeahbaby01: