How to QUICKLY disable/enable 3G Data on Droid 2?

xmguy

Reaction score
I want to beable to quickly disable data when i'm not using it. I have unlimited data. I just don't want my phone sending and receiving data when it's not needed. Draining the battery more. The only thing I've found is using AnyCut and make a short cut on the homescreen for Data Manager. Then launch it go 2 menu screens in and disable that way. Very time consuming. I've also looked in the market to no avail. Searched here also. Any ideas?

jhad7010

Reaction score
I use APNdroid widget.. It works for me. You can download it from Market.

nickb1

Reaction score
I use APNdroid widget.. It works for me. You can download it from Market.

Tried APNDroid. it will not disable 3G/Data.
Im pretty sure Maximum Battery saver shuts the connection after 15 minutes. Its not really that big of deal, if its in standby it will only use data to what you synced. So gmail, email, facebook stuff like that which is customizable to how often you want it to sync, or never in your case.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
try out tasker it can do that(i think) and a bunch of other crazy stuff heres a review [video=youtube;FSvAsiZlJ2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSvAsiZlJ2A]YouTube - Top Android App With Tasker Review[/video]

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Data toggle wodget....there's a customizable power control as well...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

chrstdvd

Reaction score
The phone comes with a power control widget that is easy to use. You just touch a button on the widget to turn on and off Bluetooth, WiFi, gps, radio and or screen intensity. I use it and love it.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
The stock power control does not have a data switch. There is one under cyanogen but I do not know if it was a port program into his build or just a cyanogen thing. Most of the data control widgets aren't updated to work for the d2/dx phones and 2.2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Uuuhh u evr heard of airplane mode?...there are apps in th market that let u set when to turn off data and when to automatically turn it back on

Sent from my DROID2

ebruot

Reaction score
Power Control Plus from the market. It looks like the stock power control widget but you can assign all kinds of functions including 3g on/off.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Uuuhh u evr heard of airplane mode?...there are apps in th market that let u set when to turn off data and when to automatically turn it back on

Sent from my DROID2

Yes, thank you. Airplane mode is the easiest way to do it. No apps, no muss, no fuss.

ebruot

Reaction score
But airplane mode will also kill your phone service also so you won't be able to place or receive calls.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
But airplane mode will also kill your phone service also so you won't be able to place or receive calls.

Exactly. I just want to shut data off, not everything!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want the phone on then you can do it in your settings to; It takes a couple steps to get there but it's not difficult.