how to put music on nexus,

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
I have been trying to put music on my nexus but I em having no luck, I hook it up via USB . The I open the phone up in my computer, I em able to view all my files, then I go to my music on my computer and I drag and drop them into my phone, it work and they drag and drop, but when I unplug my phone, my music is no where to be found, iv tried putting it in different files and it don't come up, how do I do this?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
What I do is create a folder called Music on my phone, then put the music in there. Folders within that folder will work.

What formats are you putting on your phone?

OP
DROID MONSTER

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
There was a folder called music on my phone, and the song still were not found, I'm using wma, and mp3

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you have a file explorer? Download one and check to see if it's on your phone through that. Any music app should be able to pick it up...

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
There was a folder called music on my phone, and the song still were not found, I'm using wma, and mp3

The default player shouldn't be able to play WMA, perhaps some of the market ones do, I have nothing in my collection that is WMA to verify that though.

MP3 should be fine though. After you put it in there, have you tried giving it a reboot?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Winamp should play WMA. It plays flac. Stock player won't be able to play WMA.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I put everything into Google Music, their cloud service. Then I get access between my tablet, 2 phones and my PC; really anywhere I log in. It can hold up to 20 GB of storage. I can then factory reset my Nexus without haven't to reload all that music.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I put everything into Google Music, their cloud service. Then I get access between my tablet, 2 phones and my PC; really anywhere I log in. It can hold up to 20 GB of storage. I can then factory reset my Nexus without haven't to reload all that music.

+1 to Google Music/Play Music.

You can also download your music to your device using the app. Extremely helpful if you don't want to drain more battery by streaming.

Durandgir

Reaction score
Also in Google music you need to check "Display offline library" or something along the lines of that.

my bad "On device only"

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I did take into account that I would be streaming. It doesn't kill the battery. So I am satisfied. I usually am in the car and plug it in anyway. Slacker seems to drain the battery faster. Did I mention I got the new LG Tone Bluetooth headset? Love it! But talk about battery drain....lol. But I can deal with it.

Reaction score
Can we put music from the Itunes library directly onto the Nexus?

I have put all my CD's into Itunes over the years, and now would like to put some on my Nexus.

Steve

Durandgir

Reaction score
maineultraclassic said:
Can we put music from the Itunes library directly onto the Nexus?

I have put all my CD's into Itunes over the years, and now would like to put some on my Nexus.

Steve

Well I'm not sure if it still works. It should. There is no direct way to sync it but what you can do in itunes is ctrl+a then drag and drop all the files into the music folder.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
There is always DoubleTwist. It syncs directly with iTunes, I believe.