1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to proceed with R2D2 Phone

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by quinnvanorder, Nov 8, 2010.

1. quinnvanorder

quinnvanorder New Member

So I am new to rooting, but I have successfully rooted my phone, and am unsure how to proceed.

What I want to do is install a clean version of android on my phone. I have no interest in all of the stupid apps and whatnot that came prepackaged and unremovable on my phone.

From there, I want to be able to tether to my phone via either bluetooth or the usb cable to my laptop.

What I am worried about is that my phone is running build number 2.4.5.a957 which I don't see mentioned around here very often. Will I encounter any problems with this, should I downgrade the firmware or something else?

I appreciate any help.
  2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

welcome to the forums!! as you've probably gathered, this is the place to get answers to all your Droid questions. browse around, post around, and join in the fun! :)

i'm going to move this thread over to the D2 Hacks section (you can find it by clicking on the Forum tab above, and then scrolling down). You'll probably get a little more relevant traffic in that subforum for your particular issue. if not, don't hesitate to post back!
  3. iwearhats

iwearhats New Member

There's an Official R2D2 Owner's thread over in the D2 General Discussions.

As far as custom ROMs, I've ran the 2.4.5 Green ROMs.

I was able to flash the full 2.3.20 SBF yesterday. I'm now a D2 inside R2D2. So I can play with the new 2.3.20 based roms. Fission is pretty nice. Really looking forward to Unleashed 3.0.

Hope that helps. I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App