How to prepare for update

concepttheman

Reaction score
U def have to uninstall safestrap. Btw I did mine rooted but lost root./the ics utility should work but didn't try that yet

OP
A

AtariFX

Reaction score
Will I need to unroot so my phone sees the ics update? Maybe I'm just being impatient.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
No you don't. Go to Setting, About Phone, and check for updates. Sometimes restarting your phone helps, but it's being rolled out on a random basis, so even if you do those things it still won't show up until it's your turn.

OP
A

AtariFX

Reaction score
Yeah I've been checking all day. Not even sure why I'm so excited for this update. Glad I don't have to worry about unrooting though. Just installed windows 8 and I'm not in the mood to reload usb drivers and such.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Someone just confirmed he was on GB 219 and used the ICS fastboot file (in the ROMs forum) to upgrade to ICS. To do this you need RSDLite and the updated drivers.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Just a question for unrooted, do I have to unfreeze some of the apps too? Most of the apps I can find on task manager have been frozen.

slikno420

Reaction score
Someone just confirmed he was on GB 219 and used the ICS fastboot file (in the ROMs forum) to upgrade to ICS. To do this you need RSDLite and the updated drivers.

I can confirm as well, also utility works and safestrap is backing up right now.

Question: who is the main dev that is working on safestrap? I have something that I found the other day on a different phone that I think would make this recovery even better and the scripts and codes could bea easily converted to our devices.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I can confirm as well, also utility works and safestrap is backing up right now.

Question: who is the main dev that is working on safestrap? I have something that I found the other day on a different phone that I think would make this recovery even better and the scripts and codes could bea easily converted to our devices.

Hashcodes developed Safestrap. Jsnweitzel developed the Droid4 utility.

BTW, what's your idea?

slikno420

Reaction score
Hashcodes developed Safestrap. Jsnweitzel developed the Droid4 utility.

BTW, what's your idea?

Well one of the recoveries had this neat tool that you could backup, flash and leave (for example go take a nap) and once you awoke everything would be backed up rom/kernel flashed and your phone would be booted up and patiently waiting. Thought it sounded like a good idea when i read it.