1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to post your screens

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by SSHGuru, Dec 10, 2009.

1. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I'd like to post my screens off my droid. Use all 7 and they look pretty cool with my background.

If your NOT rooted is there an app that can do this?
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I use the SDK to take screen shots.

I download the Android SDK. The Motorola Droid USB driver and the Java Development Kit.

I'm looking for the links... i apparently have misplaced them :(

Edit: can't find em right now... but after you install all these, go to the folder where Android SDK was unzipped.... open... run androidsdk setup file.... update.... then go back into the SDK folder > go to 'tools' folder > click on ddms and there is an option for screen capture.

make sure you go to your menu > settings > applications > application development > click on the usb debugging check box. This will allow you to use the ddms program to take screen shots.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  3. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I was actually looking for an easy way. I'm in no way a programmer - I would likely mess up my phone but thanks.

4. silverx10

silverx10 New Member

5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

thanks silver... for some reason i couldn't find that link when i posted.
    and there's no real programming involved. it's very simple actually. just seems more involved then it is. the setting up the program is the most time consuming part.