Reaction score
I can't get it to work :(
ROM: SS 4.9
Kernel: Chevyno1 ulow 1.25 ghz
OC: Max: 1ghz Min: 800mhz
Swap Size 193mb
Swappiness: 60

I've tried so many combos none works :(

You may still not have enough memory available to start the game. Do two things:
1) Double check that your swap is truly enabled. In swapper 2, go Menu>Info and make sure there is a number associated with swap.

2) After you turn on swap on swapper, open up the terminal emulator app and enter the command 'free'. If the total available memory is less than 256mb, it still wont start. This is why I use a 256mb swap PARTITION as opposed to just a swap file.

...And Pinball: each ROM comes with a stock kernel that is usually limited to around 800MHz. If you want higher clock speeds, you need to install a custom kernel with higher clock speeds enabled. I'd recommend either CVPCS or Slayher.

dbuglio

Reaction score
Do we have a better way to do this then swapper2? Its very hit or miss with swapper

boostedhonda

Reaction score
I had no probs playing dd with swapper 2 using a 256mb partion at 500mhz-1.2ghz using the interactive governor.

Sent From My Gingerbread Droid 1

BigRich93

Reaction score
I got it to work with Swapper its annother app but wayy easier andit works. Its called swapper config if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

taktix101

Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. Essentially all Swapper2 does is execute a number of console commands in the right sequence automatically, with SOME degree of intelligence.

You can do everything that Swapper does from the Terminal Emulator app, but the commands are bulky and a pain in the ass to type:
Example: swapon /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

You could write a script that would do what Swapper does at startup, but it's fairly involved (and cumbersome to modify/disable should you change your mind).