[HOW TO] Permanently Root Rezound

honomichl.kalin

Reaction score
Amon Ra Recovery will root the OTA, no problem.

okay stupid question but how do u use aman ra.
ive read this whole article and nothing on here really explains it so can someone please explain that to me. thank you.

Scouser

Reaction score
Yeah, if you have Amon Ra Recovery:

1) Boot to recovery
2) Select Developer Menu
3) Select install su and superuser
4) Reboot
5) Download and install Superuser from the Market if it wasn't put on through recovery

Disclaimer: I did this to my phone after having the OTA and the unlocked bootloader. I was not rooted prior to this at all. It worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP is gonna stay blank for a while, internet keeps going down and I don't patience right now to deal with it. Will get to it tonight.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Scouser

Reaction score
OP is gonna stay blank for a while, internet keeps going down and I don't patience right now to deal with it. Will get to it tonight.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Sorry for linking an external site man, didn't know it was against the rules. Thought it was helpful, though!

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update the OP, root instructions back including how to root the latest OTA after unlocked and AmonRa recovery installed.

athack

Reaction score
tryint to unlock htc rezound folowed instructions have all the right drivers and s
tuff wont let me unlock any help this is the error message:We're sorry, but it appears your attempt to unlock the bootloader on this device has failed. This could be caused by several factors including simple errors in the entry of the unlock token, problems with your device, or a lack of manufacturer support for the unlocking process. Please see the specific error code listed below, andtry again if necessary.
Error Code: Invalid Bootloader Token Length.
Error Reason: The submitted Token appears to be the wrong length and won\'t work.

athack

Reaction score
found the solution by reading back thru the posts got it unlocked now trying to figure out the rooting process... seems so much diff then og droid and droid x ???

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
found the solution by reading back thru the posts got it unlocked now trying to figure out the rooting process... seems so much diff then og droid and droid x ???

Do you need help rooting? Instructions are in the OP. And yes, rooting is a different process for each phone.

athack

Reaction score
can someone help me out ive got the recovery-ra-vigor3.13..img downloaded on my ohone tried rebooting what do i do next do i have to have phone hooked up to computer can someone help me with more detail as to what i have to do next... unlocked... waiting to figure this out
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...recovery-amon-ra-recovery-3-1-0-fastboot.html

Basic steps:
1. Download image
2. Boot phone into fastboot
3. Run command "fastboot flash recovery image.img"

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah i need help cant figure out the op at all for some reason???

Assuming you are unlocked, have you installed a custom recovery yet? Like AmonRa? AmonRa recovery has an option that roots the phone for you from recovery.

athack

Reaction score
i am unlocked i have recovery-ra-vigor-3.13 downloaded on my phone is that the recovery your talking about? what do i do next?