How to pay for apps/widgets?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Nana2Callie, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Nana2Callie

Nana2Callie New Member

I know this has to be a dumb question; but I couldn't find an answer. How do you pay? Obviously, I don't want to have personal CC info on my phone in any manner.

Thanks for helping a newbie learn the ropes.
  2. debdroid1a

debdroid1a New Member

Prepaid debit card. I used my Verizon rebate card at first, it was the same thing as a prepaid debit card.
  3. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I used to worry about credit cards on the internet or on my phone till a friend mentioned to me that every time I use my card it is transmitted through the internet. Stick it in the pump at the gas stations...guess what happens to the data.

Be safe...only use vendors you trust. But if you have to sleep well at night, the above suggestion to use a prepaid debit card is solid advice. Put just enough on the card so you don't worry about losing too much.

Nate
  4. harrellj

harrellj New Member

Also, the way the market works is that you're going to a specialized website, its not actually stored on the phone. If you don't want to type it into the phone, you can go to google.com/checkout and enter your information there (or remove it once the purchase is complete too).
Search tags for this page
do you pay for widgets

how to pay for android apps