how to overclock

skyshadow

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I've had my nexus for about a year, it was a rocky start but I gotta say I love this phone. Finally after having this phone for about a year I have decided to put a ROM on it. I'm pretty familiar with that considering I used to do it all the time with my droid x. After I installed my ROM of choice (cm10-toro) I got everything up and running perfectly. Except for one thing. I can't overclock my device. I have the option in the rom but they aren't selectable and are grayed out. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do please share them I would be really greatful and I would love to have my cpu and gpu running faster. Thanks Justin:)

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
It may be that the stock kernel doesn't allow for overclocking. You can try flashing a different kernel that is compatible with your ROM. If you are running CM10, make sure you get a 4.1 compatible kernel. If you are running CM10.1 make sure you get a 4.2 compatible kernel.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
How does one go about flashing a kernel? Also does anyone know any good ones that are compatible with cm10?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
How does one go about flashing a kernel? Also does anyone know any good ones that are compatible with cm10?

There are tons of them available, Lean Kernel, Faux, Franco, Trinity, Zen, Tiny, AK, James Bond, and many others are available. All 4.1 kernels should work fine with CM10. If you are on CM10.1, which is 4.2 you will need a different kernel (most if not all of those have offerings in 4.2 as well).

How to install them? Most will come in update.zips that you can install in your custom recovery. Some may come as boot.img files that you can flash in fastboot. Either way, the developer probably includes instructions in their post of how to install.