How to move videos and pics to SD card

recmac

Reaction score
I had Verizon setup my phone so all pics and videos went directly to my SD card but for some reason, they are back on my phone and I can't get them moved back to the SD card. I really want them on there and then I want to upload them all to my laptop.
I tried the Astro app like I saw suggested and it doesn't find them. I can see them on my phone storage.

HELP!:icon_eek:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
why do u think they are on the internal memory?

pics and videos are stored by default on the SDcard... where are u looking with astro?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are not on your phone. Pic and video go to the SD card.. You're just not looking in the correct folder

OP
R

recmac

Reaction score
When I click on SD card its empty.

MoBoEvo

Reaction score
So how do you find the correct folder? I've been trying to transfer my pics from the phone to the sd card and so far no luck. I got Astro from the market but can't figure out how to do the transfer. VZW is giving me a new phone and these pics are irreplaceable.

tigerdango

Reaction score
I am working on trying to figure out a way to view and edit the phone storage. Update when possible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am working on trying to figure out a way to view and edit the phone storage. Update when possible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

you can with root access.

tigerdango

Reaction score
As I've been told...But I don't really want to mess with rooting. I've never been a big fan of hacking systems, rooting/unlocking phones, etc. I prefer to just use things as they are meant to be.

Bear3825

Reaction score
Plug in to your computer. It will recognise 2 drives on your phone. SD card is one and internal storage is the other. Explore and move files you want moved.

Sent from my Rooted, S-Off HTC Incredible on Cricket Wireless

regulis7

Reaction score
Unmount and remove the SD card from the device, reboot the device and see if the pic's are listed in the gallery, if so then yes they are on internal storage. The HTC will default to store pics internal if the device is booted without the SD card installed. You can transfer those pics to a PC by sending them to an email address as an attachment or via txt.

Ghost Commander is what I use to view files/folders. It allows you to move files from one area of the SD to another, so you might try it to see if this will allow moving the pics from internal storage to sd card.

scdad

Reaction score
Use BEAR's suggestion. This happened to me also. Just connect to your PC via USB in Mass Storage Mode and the PC should recognize 2 removable drives. One is the phone memory and one is the SD. Do a disk properties to see the size to figure out which is which. When I did this I found my photos in a folder called DCIM on the phone memory. I simply moved the entire folder over to the SD card.