How to move things through root manager

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by chefb, Nov 27, 2010.

1. chefb

chefb Member

I can't figure out how to move or flash the files in my sd card into my phone. I can see the file but I don't know how to get it to my app page please help.
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Are you referring to .apk files ?
  3. chefb

chefb Member

well I opened the root explorer and the folder that says sd card I open, and then there is a folder labeled titanium back up I went inside it and was my angry birds back up that I would like to re install , also I'm trying to understand how to install my nandroid back :heart:up...although I do not need to right now I just want to learn the process. Ps...what is apk file? Thanks in advance
  4. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

To restore anything from Titanium Backup you have to go into the application Titanium and select a Batch Operation - to restore a Nandroid Backup you have to boot into recovery by holding the Power and X key down from a Powered Off state and after in recovery selecting nandroid/restore - An .apk file is basically an application in file format, if you have one on your SD card with Root Explorer you can select and install it - plus so much more, Root Explorer is by far one of the best tools there is, search and explore within it, just be careful what you change and modify - if you have any questions, just ask :)
  5. chefb

chefb Member

thanks... Ok....got an example I see my previous angry birds file that i backed up before I flashed my first rom.now I would like tor install buy I don't see a prompt for how do I move forward?:)
  6. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Go into the application Titanium from within your app drawer and select backup/restore - find Angry Birds in the list and select "restore"
  7. chefb

chefb Member

WHOOPEE.......THAT WAS SOO EASY.....I felt like Paris Hilton THANKS!..ONE MORE DOES..wait let me turn off the caps....now every time I flash a rom does It backup or are their other ways because I don't want to over write my original.
  8. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Before you Flash a new ROM go into Ti Backup and select your phones soft "settings" key and select "batch" and then "backup all user apps and data" upon flashing your new ROM you go back into Ti and select "batch" again and choose "restore all user apps and data"
  9. chefb

chefb Member

What are some other capabilities of root explorer
  10. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

There is not a lot that Root Explorer isn't capable of - you can move apps from data/app to system/app - access all files within the system - mount RW/RO copy and paste - set permissions - clear cache - longpress items and send them using the various gmail/fbook/dropbox/picassa/twitter applications - plus so much more
  11. valid

valid New Member

As I was browsing for an answer to the ? of "How to copy/move files from Root Explorer" I found your post. THANKS!!
Search tags for this page
hiw to move ogg files using root explorer

how to move file using root explorer

how to move files in root explorer

how to move files root explorer

how to move files using root explorer

how to move files with root explorer

how to move folder root explorer
how to move things in root explorer
how to use csv in android
move files root explorer

root explorer move files