how to mount moto droid to your bicycle

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few apps out there that allow you to track your bike ride, but I'm not sure how to securely mount it to my bike. Last thing I want is to rig something up that may fall off. Has anyone had any experience getting it mounted, and if so can you post pics?

thanks
Duct tape... :)

My Droid Does Tapatalk...
Duct tape worked, however I couldn't view my screen. :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you're referring to. Can you snap a picture of it for here? I am still trying to figure out a secure way to see my GPS on my motorcycle.

Sorry, i'm at work. But I did a quick google search and found something close to the one I have. It's a backpack with a rubber bladder inside that you can fill with water. It also has a bunch of pockets where I keep a multitool and a spare tube.

One of the pockets is mesh, so the phone can still get a gps signal. It's on your back, so obviously you can't see the screen. That probably won't work for your situation. I just use it to track my ride so I don't need to view the screen at all times.

CamelBakMULE_0208.jpg
Ok, thanks. Yea, I was thinking it would be something for the handlebars. I also am looking for a drink holder for drinking coffee while I'm riding. Don't know how safe that is though!

blackandredwarrior

Reaction score
Quick question for you all - in My Tracks, is there away to have a running total of all your stats as well as totals for the current/most recent ride?

One of the things I like about a good bike computer is you can look up how many miles you rode during any particular time. So I could look and see how far I rode today, yesterday, all last week and in the last year.

is that possible on my tracks? If not, can any of the apps do that? It's fine with me if you have to login to a computer to access that info.

Thanks!

ETA: Also - now all we need is power converter on our bikes that converts our pedaling into power for charging the phone:D!!

In MyTracks you can upload to Google Docs (spreadsheet). One of the sheets will be individual rides. The second sheet will be a stats (total mileage, averages, number of tracks, etc.) It names the sheet based on the activity. So if you put cycling (one of the defaults) it will create a doc called cycling. It will continually update that document for you. The track name will be in the A column. (Though recently I've been getting a black A column.)

rambling

Reaction score
by the way, that pack pictured is the Camelback M.U.L.E. and it has a perfectly sizes WATERPROOF pocket at the center on the top that seems to be made for a droid. I ride a mountain bike frequently with the phone in that pocket and have never had an issue, even in moderate rain.
GPS still works through the fabric, I don't think you need mesh.
Only problem is accessing the phone, you have to swing the pack around front to get at it.

Not sure exactly what you're referring to. Can you snap a picture of it for here? I am still trying to figure out a secure way to see my GPS on my motorcycle.

Sorry, i'm at work. But I did a quick google search and found something close to the one I have. It's a backpack with a rubber bladder inside that you can fill with water. It also has a bunch of pockets where I keep a multitool and a spare tube.

One of the pockets is mesh, so the phone can still get a gps signal. It's on your back, so obviously you can't see the screen. That probably won't work for your situation. I just use it to track my ride so I don't need to view the screen at all times.

CamelBakMULE_0208.jpg
Ok, thanks. Yea, I was thinking it would be something for the handlebars. I also am looking for a drink holder for drinking coffee while I'm riding. Don't know how safe that is though!

jmdrago

Reaction score