how to mount moto droid to your bicycle

segen77

Reaction score
I've seen a few apps out there that allow you to track your bike ride, but I'm not sure how to securely mount it to my bike. Last thing I want is to rig something up that may fall off. Has anyone had any experience getting it mounted, and if so can you post pics?

thanks

KiotaKahn

Reaction score
There is a company that makes cases (had one for my Treo) that had an interchangeable backpiece for a bunch of different mounts. Car, bike, belt clip, etc. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but will look into it. Would be great to have it on my handlebars, but am doing just fine with it in my vest pocket for now. It still picks up the GPS, and I can hear the announcements clearly.

Out of curiosity, have you picked an app yet? And if so, which one?

thelion

Reaction score
While apps can do many things, they cannot save Droid from a death fall.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
haven't picked an app yet. looking at my tracks and cardio trainer for now.

monkeydog

Reaction score
I routinely go street and mountain biking and take my phone along with me and I use this.. Bontrager: Accessory Packs (Model #07716).
While it may not be a mount per say, it fits the droid fine and it is so secure the only way it could fall off is if I'm in some horrendous crash.
I have that cell phone pouch attached to this.. Bontrager: PRO Pack (Model #07722) underneath the seat.

I use the velcro pro pack and then i have the cell phone pouch velcroed around the straps of the pro pack and it is very secure and sturdy.

The pro pack I have is the 75 cu. inch model.

attachment.php

Last edited:
OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
I'm looking more for something that can be mounted to the stem or bar so that the maps can be sued during the ride. I know I could always just start it recording and put it in my camel back, but this isn't quite what i'm looking for.

J-Buck

Reaction score
Wow yall are brave. i would never trust a bike mount with my droid. well if u have insurance guess it really doesn't matter

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
I'll trust the right bike mount. I do'nt like the look of those universal ones though. :icon_eek:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty cool they have mounts for bikes. Actually thought it was a lil silly when I saw the thread but I guess DROID really does. It even goes off-road apparently.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
lol. as much as I crash off road, this will be a mount reserved for my road bike.

maheider

Reaction score
This one looks like it might be a secure mount, and seems to be designed for the Droid. Disclaimer: I do not have one, so I can't vouch for it's effectiveness.

If anyone tries this out, please let us know how it works. I have insurance, but I still would not want to have my Droid hit the pavement at 20 mph... My Magellan Meridian has done just that a couple times and survived, but it is pretty rugged and designed to withstand some impact. It's mapping capabilities are pretty crude compared to the Droid, and it sure would be nice to take the Droid while riding and actually be able to use it as opposed to stuffing it in a bag.

Amzer Bicycle Handlebar Mount For Motorola - Motorola Droid A855 - Vehicle Mounts - Fommy.com

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Wow, I think i'm sold on that one. I'll be purchasing a new bike this year so that I can ride along with my daughter, and this would be really cool to have.

Didn't really think about it at first, but this is a great topic! Thanks OP.