How to modify the EVDO settings

windstrings

Reaction score
I tried to switch from EVRC to EVRC-b. Every time I tried to originate a call it would put up a message that the call could not be made. I'm in Greensboro, NC which was an AllTel market. Maybe AllTel towers don't support the EVRC-b codec.

Any thoughts as to why I couldn't make a call with the EVRC-b codec?

I think you hit it on the head.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
I'm running rubix 1.9.7 and can't go to the program menu..ehhh

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

windstrings

Reaction score
How to modify the EVDO settings
How to modify the EVDO settings, user name was revised to “[email protected]”,And change the NAI as the IMSI.(Format is now locked)
Not "[email protected]"

Write Data to restart,NAi settings revert back to "[email protected]"

Thanks​
when you are done are you scrolling all the way to the bottom.... picking "menu" and then "commit modifications?"..... it will auto reboot in 10 seconds.

The first post is confusing... they are not the directions to changing EVRC to EVRC-b, but rather the first post of the thread allows switches to be enabled that would otherwise not, and ##778 is the access to get into that menu on the DINC.

To change EVRC to EVRC-B is very simple......

I prefer to leave the "roaming" option alone as I think thats the culprit for causing problems as some cell towers aren't up to date yet.

Here are the directions for that:

For Moto droid:
Dial "##program" (##7764726) and press send. Enter code "000000"
In option #4 change the vocode option to EVRC-B. This is a higher level speech codec used by CDMA networks introduced by 3GPP2 based on 4GV concept and is the newest and most advanced codex for cellular applications. Your phone will reset after you apply and exit.

For Droid Incredible:
1. Dial "##program" and press send. Enter code "000000"
2. Go to NAM CDMA SETTINGS
3. SCROLL down to "preferred Voice Service option for home page" set to EVRC-B, hit ok
4. Next go to "Preferred voice service option for home origination" set to EVRC-B, hit ok
5. Next leave "Preferred voice service option for Roam Origination" at EVRC
6. Now pick "menu" at the bottom, then choose "commit modifications" on bottom.
7. Device will reboot after 10 seconds.

The original post has to do with another matter that cannot be posted per forum rules.

Last edited: