How to make the Super battery from the Desire to work for the Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Coolsaber57, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [MOD] REMIX: Smooth Scrolling Super Circle Battery + Smooth Sense Icons - xda-developers

So in that forum, it has a nice super battery (basically a 100 increment battery) that I'd like to use.

However, I've failed to get it work on my droid. I've tried:
    1. Copying the stat_sys_battery and charging .PNG files as well as the stat_sys_battery.xml files directly from their framework-res.apk file and putting it into mine (928's Black Glass for Chevy's Simply Stunnin 4.6) - Boot looped or blank icon.

2. Decoding 928's .apk file using APKtool (this gave me errors saying that it couldn't decode several .PNG files) - couldn't get it to rebuild.

3. Decoding a Blue Energy framework using APKtool, making the edits to the .XML files with the new increments (copied from the Desire/Incredible framework-res.apk file) then re-building the .apk. - Blank icon.

Nothing worked. It seems like it should be an easy thing to do, but nothing has worked for me. Chevy's ROM has 10% increments, so I know it's possible to change it for the Droid.

Am I using the right tools here? Should I use something other than APKtool for decoding/rebuilding the .apk file?

Any help?

2. crackedvenom

crackedvenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no help but i would love to get that battery icon

3. mej284

mej284 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a program on here called APK Manager 4.8 look for that. I've played with it a little this may be what you need.

4. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot, but it looks like that program incorporates APKtool, which I have tried by itself.

5. crackedvenom

crackedvenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    any luck man?

6. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not yet. Part of the problem is that APKmanager (and APKtool) can't decode 928's framework-res.apk. There are a bunch of .9.PNG files that it can't decode.

I've tried creating the guides for those .9.png files using Draw9patch, but Draw9patch can't seem to process a few of those. I suspect that the problem is that they are too small to create guides around. My current plan is to download Simply Stunning with no theme, decode that one, add in the super battery PNG and XML files, rebuild it, then add 928 Droid's themed PNG files.

If that doesn't work...I'm stumped. I will try to get to it tonight, but I'm going to be fairly busy. I will keep this thread updated with any progress or lack thereof though.

7. crackedvenom

crackedvenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    alright cool. good luck!

8. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh, thanks. This thing is probably more of a pain than it's worth, especially as I've had to learn way more than I wanted about android theming :p

9. crackedvenom

crackedvenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    haha. well if you do get it working, im sure tons of people would be here downloading it. its a pretty sweet battery. and if you dont get it working, well, at least you learned a couple new things, whether you wanted to or not, haha.

10. mskks64

mskks64 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you get this to work def let us know! looks sweet

11. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ugh, i'm stumped. I got the APK to compile finally, but when I try to boot, it gets all the way to the lock screen (I can see the first charging symbol) then immediately reboots.

I tried signed vs unsigned apks and it makes no difference.

I also tried adding the images into the public.xml file that contained references to the 0-5-10-15-20-30-etc PNGs. That took a while. I got the APK to build but could not for the life of me get it to boot.

What am I doing wrong here? What am I missing? Anyone else have any ideas?

Tomorrow I will try to get a adb logcat of it rebooting and see if I (or someone more talented on here) can figure out why it's doing that.

#11 Coolsaber57, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  12. crackedvenom

crackedvenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm bumpity bump. hopefully someone can help! but at least youre making progress, thats good news