How to make Market auto-download apps on reset?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ohioDroid, Jul 2, 2010.

1. ohioDroid

ohioDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, not actually reset, though in theory that should apply.

Story: I run the Froyo build from a few weeks ago. I have nandroid backups and Titanium Backups of everything. I went to install Froyo FRF58B today.

First time, it started downloading my apps, so I turned sync off and did it all through Titanium Backup. I realized about halfway through that the market links weren't being reestablished (I have the free version) so I figured I should let the phone download the apps itself, and then restore their data.

Thing is, now the phone won't do it. I did a Factory Reset, signed into my Google account, but it won't download anything. I flashed back to my nandroid backup, went into the market, it knows everything I've downloaded, flashed back to FRF58B and it still won't download automatically.

I'd like to restore all my apps and data and by some means restore ALL the market links (not on an individual basis). I assume the easiest way to start that is to get the phone to do that auto-download of apps. I just don't know how to initiate it.

EDIT: You know what, I may have spoken too soon. Hopefully I don't jinx it, but right now the apps I'm restoring are showing up in the market correctly. I had to tell titanium backup to back the apps up to their original location (phone or SD). That may have done the trick... time will tell.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
Search tags for this page

android initiate restore

how to initiate automitc restore android
initiate android restore
initiate restore android
onreset app android