How to make gmail reply to all not include your own address

dbronstein

Reaction score
Whenever I do a reply to all in gmail, it adds my own address to the CC. Is there any way to get it to stop doing this?

R1Lover

Reaction score
This is a normal e-mail practice, outlook, and others do the same.

The only option I know of is to manually remove your name after you hit reply to all.

jbsangel

Reaction score

The only option I know of is to manually remove your name after you hit reply to all.
it might be normal, but the web based version doesn't do this. it's annoying

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Edit before you send...

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score

Outlook doesn't do it.

R1Lover

Reaction score

Outlook doesn't do it.

mine does, but its running through exchange, not sure if this matters or not though.... reply to all means exactly that... reply to all in the to: field.

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score

Outlook doesn't do it.

mine does, but its running through exchange, not sure if this matters or not though.... reply to all means exactly that... reply to all in the to: field.

I;ve used outlook for years through exchange and it never did it once. Outlook express and windows mail don't do it either. The Gmail website doesn't do it and neither does Yahoo. The Gmail Droid app is the first mail interface I've seen that does it.

jbsangel

Reaction score
I;ve used outlook for years through exchange and it never did it once. Outlook express and windows mail don't do it either. The Gmail website doesn't do it and neither does Yahoo. The Gmail Droid app is the first mail interface I've seen that does it.
Same here. I've used outlook, groupwise, outlook express, eudora, and many web based email apps over the years, both for personal use and at work, and reply to all never included me. Only my work outlook includes me, and it too, is using an exchange server.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Outlook doesn't do it.

Good for you, but I'm just telling you outlook does reply to all in the to: field.... do I have to do a video capture to prove it? lmao

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
Good for you, but I'm just telling you outlook does reply to all in the to: field.... do I have to do a video capture to prove it? lmao

Maybe it's a setting somewhere, I just know that in 10 years of using outlook it never did to me.

Anyway, so there's no way to stop the gmail app from doing this?

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
To follow up on the outlook discussion, I came across an article that said including yourself in a reply to all was added in Outlook 2007. Since I've never used 2007, that explains why I never saw it.