How to make Droid ask to confirm before sending email

Peripatos

Reaction score
All I have to do is breath and before I can finish replying to someone, poof it is emailed. How can I force it to ask for a confirmation before sending? It is getting totally embarassing sending blank or incomplete business replies on it.

Thanks,

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I have to do is breath and before I can finish replying to someone, poof it is emailed. How can I force it to ask for a confirmation before sending? It is getting totally embarassing sending blank or incomplete business replies on it.

Thanks,

I'll admit I don't send a lot of emails from my phone but when I have done so I've never had this issue. I can only assume that you're accidentally hitting the send button.

I checked the settings and I couldn't find a solution to your problem. Perhaps in one of the email apps there may be such a setting. K9 seems to be the most popular.

Silver Member
Reaction score
confirming "send" is not normal practice on any email system i've ever used. if you're worried about the content, use a PC or proof-read what you send before you send it.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I have never seen a confirmation after hitting send on any email system either phone or computer based as 640k said. It is always hit send and off the message goes.

I have had this happen sending a text message with the keyboard. I tried to delete a charactor but hit the return key (right below the delete key) instead.

msblueline

Reaction score
The only thing that I could think of that would help you out is to put the "to" address in last.

That way it won't send, because there is no address.

When you are done proof reading, add the address in the "to" box and hit send.

msblueline

bruce2g

Reaction score
premature email send

I have the same problem - for some reason, some keystroke combination on the fold-out keyboard of my droid triggers the 'send' command before I have finished typing it. So I get emails that just end before the thought is completed.

I've searched far and wide to find out if there is a 'send' keyboard shortcut, but I have not found it listed anywhere, but apparently there is one because I apparently type it in 1 out of 4 or so emails.

I'll try leaving out the email address, but you know, when you hit 'reply' that is not a very good option.

I try and type pretty fast on the fold out keyboard, but this problem is pretty serious and so it really slows me down.

OP
P

Peripatos

Reaction score
I have the same problem - for some reason, some keystroke combination on the fold-out keyboard of my droid triggers the 'send' command before I have finished typing it. So I get emails that just end before the thought is completed.

I've searched far and wide to find out if there is a 'send' keyboard shortcut, but I have not found it listed anywhere, but apparently there is one because I apparently type it in 1 out of 4 or so emails.

I'll try leaving out the email address, but you know, when you hit 'reply' that is not a very good option.

I try and type pretty fast on the fold out keyboard, but this problem is pretty serious and so it really slows me down.

Thanks, you do have the same issue as me. I never get near the screen and send key, so I agree there is either a shortcut or a bug causing the send when hitting some key combination. Like you, I am always replying to business emails so there is already a valid address so I end up sending blanks responses or incomplete sentences and look like an idiot. Maybe there was a hardware issue in some units????

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're using Gmail there is a setting to allow for "undo send" that can be adjusted for time. I'm not positive it works for emails sent via the phone but I would assume it does (seeing as it's an extension of the gmail client and is using the servers smtp). might be worth trying, it won't eliminate the problem but at least then you can go online and recall the message so you don't look like a fool.

bruce2g

Reaction score
Well, I don't seem to be able to get the 'labs' tab to come up in my email settings screen - I enabled 'try new features' but maybe it'll take a couple of days to show up. Then I'll practice hitting the 'undo email' command withing the allotted timeframe.

In the meantime, I clicked on 'disable keyboard shortcuts' in the settings, and maybe this will help - though I'm not sure if it applies to the Droid. I've started to type most of emails on my pc till I know for sure if this is fixed somehow.

Bruce

OP
P

Peripatos

Reaction score
I just turned off the Android keyboard which I think turns off the screen. Downside is I'll have to use the slider keyboard but at least I'll be able to see if it was the screen that doing the sending. If it still happens then it must be undocumented hard keyboard shortcut.

bruce2g

Reaction score
It happens to me on the slider. I don't use the android kbd that often, so I don't know if it can happen on there.

bruce2g

Reaction score
Ps - I also figured out that ic you type with 2 fingers, you can brush the menu key, which defauts to 'send'