How to maintain 3G priority over 1x with Droid 3

Theri0n

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to tweak Droid 3 to make it able to call, message and 3G, but not 1x data?

kabifff

Reaction score
I would love to know this as well. From what I've read, the D3 has some trouble with maintaining 3G service in some areas that aren't an issue for other VZW phones.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would assume OP that you are not in the US? Are you using CDMA or GSM?

OP
T

Theri0n

Reaction score
I am outside US.

HTC Droid Incredible works fine with CDMA EvDo Rev.A here in Kazakhstan. This means EV-DO coverage is sufficient and there is no need to reload PRL. But Motorola Droid 3 having been fully unlocked and set up for the local CDMA operator oftenly switches from EvDo (3G) to 1x. I suppose it comes from the weaker radio, but suspect there should be some tricks to force it to stay on EvDo at data connection.

My phone is rooted and i have access to edit system files.

wahugg

Reaction score
I have the same problem here in the US; specifically Columbus Ohio which is 3G rich. I've noticed disabling the radios and re-enabling them (airplane mode on/off) fixes this problem temporarily. But this is very irritating and un-acceptable to me.

-Wahugg

estobaughn

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I believe if you go into the program menu and turn off roaming it will not connect to evdo only to 3g but if you have weak or no signal you will not have any data

nodixe

Reaction score
I'm confused? I thought evdo was 3g (on vzw at least)?... and I was gonna suggest disabling background data or using an app like '3g only' or 'restart connection' or to try the radio settings in elixer to disable cdma..,..or am I mistaken?

SCH i400->MB810->XT862 sent using Tapatalk 2