How to leave screen active when pandora is playing?

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
When I stream my music in my car I would love to be able too look up and see the album cover with pandora but it shuts off at the 1 minuet interval I have it set at.
I normally want to screen to shut off after 1 minuet because that's my biggest battery drain. But when Im streaming music mostly to and from work I would like the screen to stay active. Is there a way to do this? But only for pandora.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I stream my music in my car I would love to be able too look up and see the album cover with pandora but it shuts off at the 1 minuet interval I have it set at.
I normally want to screen to shut off after 1 minuet because that's my biggest battery drain. But when Im streaming music mostly to and from work I would like the screen to stay active. Is there a way to do this? But only for pandora.

Not for only Pandora. But Screebl may be your answer.

Screebl "senses" the position your droid is in and allows you to set it to specific parameters. You could adjust it to the position you have it in while streaming in your car and then when you moved it your screen would shut down again.

There's a terrific video that comes with Screebl. If you don't like it, uninstall it.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you plug your Droid into your cigarette lighter it will also stay on.

baniels

Reaction score
Keep Screen might also do the trick for you. It's like screebl but it keeps the backlight on for apps you specify.

OP
CYBER DROIID

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
Hookbill I will download and try that thanks........and VR a charging dock may be in order when tax returns come in, Baniels I will try yours too, you guys are a big help. thanks.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hookbill I will download and try that thanks........and VR a charging dock may be in order when tax returns come in, Baniels I will try yours too, you guys are a big help. thanks.
Also try ScreenModeWidget (I believe that's the name), it will keep your phone on too. Or, you can also go into your settings and turn off the timeout on your screen altogether. However I wouldn't recommend that because in the long run you'll be draining the battery constantly.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I just turned on the "screen on while plugged in" option, and I plug it in when it's in the car. Works pretty well, no tricky software or chance of accidental battery drain. You can always turn the screen off manually while it's plugged in, too.

JamesX

Reaction score
I use Screen On (I think that is the name) It keeps the screen on for Apps you mark it for. Doesn't work with Tunewiki, but works with Maps and Pandora. I like it because I don't have to manually turn it on.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
KeepScreen gets my vote as well. Simple to set up and works in the background with zero battery drain.

Steveindajeep

Reaction score
OK i found the setting....

Settings --> Applications --> Development --> "Stay awake" (screen will never sleep while charging)

Wanb1i

Reaction score
If you plug your Droid into your cigarette lighter it will also stay on.

My Moto Droid (2.1) goes off when it's set to, whether on external power or not. I did notice that the HTC Droid will stay on when plugged in, but at very low brightness.