[HOW TO] Keep SDCard Format Same After 4.2+ update!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of us have experienced the sd card headache that an update to Android 4.2 brings. The new update includes a multiuser feature that wreaks havoc on your sd cards file system. It adds a "0" folder and can cause all kinds of extra work and headache when it comes to trying to find files that you have downloaded while in custom recovery. "Khizar" has posted a quick guide to avoid this over at Droid-Hive. You will need to have an unlocked bootloader for this to work on your device. You will also need to backup your internal storage since this method will wipe it clean! Other than that the guide is very simple, and if you can follow directions you should be good to go.

Via Droid-Hive

Last edited by a moderator:

djsiva

Reaction score
The directions say to flash the Takju image (GSM Galaxy Nexus). I'm sure this would be a problem on other devices.

Khizar

Reaction score
The directions say to flash the Takju image (GSM Galaxy Nexus). I'm sure this would be a problem on other devices.
I made that guide when the takju factory image was released for the galaxy nexus and you can flash takju/yakju on both gsm models so it wasnt an issues then.. But i never got the chance to edit it so i posted it on droid-hive as-is.. So if you have toro you would have to flash the toro factory image and for toro+ you would flash the toro+ factory image and for another phone like the nexus 4 you would flash its factory image..

This would only be for Nexus devices, no?
I have ONLY tested it on nexus devices but you could try it on another device if you want, it will not have any negative reults

Last edited: