How to keep screen from waking up when answering with Bluetooth?

dwasifar

Reaction score
If I have the phone in my pocket, and a call comes in that I answer from the bluetooth, the screen wakes up and stays on and starts registering accidental button presses. How do I keep this from happening?

rjax

Reaction score
Yeah, there doesn't really seem to be anything on the market for this. Does this happen even if you have the pattern lock set? It may not be a great solution, even if it does work, admittedly...

OP
D

dwasifar

Reaction score
Yeah, there doesn't really seem to be anything on the market for this. Does this happen even if you have the pattern lock set? It may not be a great solution, even if it does work, admittedly...

Yeah, I thought of that, but it still comes up to an unlocked screen. You can't get into the rest of the phone without entering the pattern but the call itself is unlocked and vulnerable to pocket dialing.

OP
D

dwasifar

Reaction score
I had a bad experience with that today, as a matter of fact. I was driving with my phone in my pocket and picked up an incoming call on the bluetooth. A few minutes into the call, the Droid pocket-dialed my voicemail, adding the new call to the one already in progress, and playing back my saved voicemail for us both to hear.

This is A Very Bad Thing. The caller was my girlfriend, as it happened, so we just chuckled over it, but imagine if that happened while I was on a business call.

GerryG35

Reaction score
This may be interesting: I have a Motorola H12 bluetooth earpiece and when I answer a call, the screen does not come on. I am running an app called Car Dock Speakerphone that turns the speakerphone on when the phone (Droid) is docked; the reason I mention this is because this app runs in the background and it honors when I am wearing the H12 and does not turn on the speakphone so it's possible but unlikely this has an effect.

OP
D

dwasifar

Reaction score
You had my hopes up for a minute there, but I installed Car Dock Speakerphone and tested; no change.

Are you running anything else that could affect bluetooth or phone behavior? Does it behave that way with other bluetooth devices?

GerryG35

Reaction score
I only added the info about the Car Dock app for full disclosure. I'm not running any other apps that apply to bluetooth and the H12 is the only BT device I have. Can you try another device? If you want, I would be willing to PM you a list of my apps.

OP
D

dwasifar

Reaction score
Can you try another device?

LOL, I have the phone paired to five different bluetooth devices and it does it with all of them. :) Three regular earpieces, a stereo bluetooth headset, and the HandsFreeLink built into my car.

If you want, I would be willing to PM you a list of my apps.

That'd be insanely cool of you. Thanks. :)

GerryG35

Reaction score