[HOW TO] Install the leaked Android 4.0.4 ICS build on the Droid 4 (XT894)

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Check settings, storage for your phone, internal and external cards.

Foxfi works for tether, wifi tether app does not, haven't tried entitlement hack

Big D

Reaction score
Got the tether going. Still sussing out the backup problem. I do show a good backup on the ext. card. MBP is just not using it.

Thanks again for the help!

Big D

Reaction score
Got it.

Had to change location to "/sdcard/"

All good!

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Curious if anyone is still cheesecake looking for an newer leak? P3Droid just tweeted that the Razr/Maxx just got a new leak to .208.

Razr ics leaks - .84, .85, .203, .204, .206. and now looks like a .208.

Droid 4 went from .200 to .206......wonder if something newer is hitting the servers....

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think too many of us made the leap to ICS 206 and cheesecake doesn't work on ICS. I have been running it for about a week and have yet to find any problems with 206. So is anyone still running GB and trying to pull updates? Or does anyone know how to do so on the ICS leak?

crzayalex

Reaction score
Check settings, storage for your phone, internal and external cards.

Foxfi works for tether, wifi tether app does not, haven't tried entitlement hack
How you get it to work? Whenever I try starting a network on mine it says "wifi mode has failed on your phone, please use bluetooth mode instead"

Big D

Reaction score
Foxfi works for me.

My only problem is that My Backup Pro will not actually reinstall any apps.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just tried my Foxfi out again just to be sure and I am using it to post this now without any trouble. Did you try a reboot?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Foxfi works for me.

My only problem is that My Backup Pro will not actually reinstall any apps.

I am having the same issue with rom toolbox not restoring apps or data. Glwg ( Great Little War Game) does not work on ics either. Must not be optimized for ics.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kenji91

Reaction score
The only issue I have with this leak is that volume control on the side buttons are limited to the ringer, not all volume. I'd like to link up the ringer and the notifications.

Everywhere I look, people are looking to separate them. I'm looking to combine them.

Any ideas?

nowell29

Reaction score
Speaking of the external card, or /sdcard-ext I think this must be a bug they are still working on. None of my media is detected automatically on my 32G card. It is all there, and with a file browser I can still open the items, but none of my photo galleries will see/detect those photos on their own, and none of the music players will see/detect this media on its own.

I am sure it must be just one of those things motorola hasn't completed yet.

grizzy3

Reaction score
Speaking of the external card, or /sdcard-ext I think this must be a bug they are still working on. None of my media is detected automatically on my 32G card. It is all there, and with a file browser I can still open the items, but none of my photo galleries will see/detect those photos on their own, and none of the music players will see/detect this media on its own.

I am sure it must be just one of those things motorola hasn't completed yet.

im on the 206 leak and all of that works for me. my pictures are in the gallery and my music is all there too. maybe theres something wrong with your sd card.

nowell29

Reaction score
:( things aren't adding up for me...

kenji91

Reaction score
Also, does anyone else have issues clicking on the "install" button when installing an app? The work around is to open the physical keyboard and use the arrow keys to navigate to the button and hit enter, but it's kind of annoying.