[HOW TO] Install the leaked Android 4.0.4 ICS build on the Droid 4 (XT894)

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
hey, tell us about that webtop. I am using my hacked atrix lapdock, but i get only 60% of my screen. There is a big black bar on the top and the bottom and my screen is squished. :( Anybody have any ideas?

Web top 3.0 is the same type of interface as my wife's transformer. I only had about 30min to play with it after the lap dock was fully charged, but I can say that it is very nice. I managed to pick up the bionic lap dock for $50 I paid $600 for the transformer and keyboard dock and the only real difference is the lap dock does not have a touch screen. I can't wait to get home and really put it to work. As far as the images rendering full screen it seems like some apps may not. The color for Facebook does not seem work on it (I don't use Facebook anyway).

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Big D

Reaction score
Sorry for the following dumb-ness:

I'm stock, rooted .219. Do I need to take this process from step 1 or can I take it from step 3?

Thanks and sorry again.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Sorry for the following dumb-ness:

I'm stock, rooted .219. Do I need to take this process from step 1 or can I take it from step 3?

Thanks and sorry again.

As long as you haven't deleted files from /system or edited the build.prop you should be fine starting at the voodoo rootkeeper steps.

Big D

Reaction score
Great. Wouldn't even know how to do that!

Thanks again, bud.

kenji91

Reaction score
As long as you haven't deleted files from /system or edited the build.prop you should be fine starting at the voodoo rootkeeper steps.

^^^ What he said. Really, listen to anyone that has a green title under their handle haha.

But also, from what I understand, there's absolutely no way to go back to .219 once you go to 4.0.4. For those who are not sure if they've made changes that could cause problems, why not SBF back to complete stock to be sure?

The D4 root tool and Voodoo rootkeeper work flawlessly as long as you follow the directions precisely.

nowell29

Reaction score
yeah, i wondered if an sbf was possible. i know you cant flash backward, but wondered if sbf would work.

Big D

Reaction score
I must have inadvertantly changed something because installation aborted twice.

Any other ideas?

nowell29

Reaction score
i will give you this, if you let this be completely intrusive, it does work. Be willing to let it all go to backups. whipe it all, start with a fresh flash, and following the directions. Just get your uptodate su binary, and you cant go wrong. Once you are up, use something to restore your apps like titanium

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I must have inadvertantly changed something because installation aborted twice.
During the installation, press both volume buttons. It will show a log of exactly what is happening, and when it aborts it will show you what file it stopped on. There's a Gingerbread system dump floating around somewhere and you can just replace whatever file is causing the update to fail with the stock file. Chances are there will be more than one file that will cause the installation to fail and it will just be easier to start from step 1 and flash the 6.13.219 fastboot file rather than potentially having to replace a bunch of individual files one by one.

Last edited:

Big D

Reaction score
Well as you probably figured out, I am an idiot when it comes to this stuff. I went through the step one install guide and it had a few guys who are much smarter than me bricking their phones. I can't afford a new phone so...

I guess I'll wait. What a wussy.

Thanks all.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I went through the step one install guide and it had a few guys who are much smarter than me bricking their phones. I can't afford a new phone so...
Fair enough. But honestly, there were only two people in that thread (RitaT1219 and nitrojuga) who bricked their phones, and nitrojuga's was because his battery was below 25% when he tried the flash...and he still ended up getting it to work eventually. I have no idea what caused RitaT1219's problem, but at this point it seems like a very unfortunate isolated incident. Many, many other people including myself have done the flash successfully.

The instructions are fairly noob-proof and as long as you follow them exactly, you won't have a problem. Not to peer pressure you or anything :p

kenji91

Reaction score
Well as you probably figured out, I am an idiot when it comes to this stuff. I went through the step one install guide and it had a few guys who are much smarter than me bricking their phones. I can't afford a new phone so...

I guess I'll wait. What a wussy.

Thanks all.

Check your private messages!

Big D

Reaction score
Took the plunge and happy to report success. All your tutorials were awesome and I even managed to retain root.

The only fail was with tether. Did the tether hack and still getting "Tethering started with errors! Please check show log." The show log shows a failure at "setting ad-hoc mode." Any ideas?

Thanks so much for all your help, guys!

Big D

Reaction score
Other question is about My Backup Pro.

I did a backup in MBP and when I go to restore, I get "no backups were found at current backup path." But the backup path is correct, pointing to the external card. Does this mean that the card isn't being seen? Anyway to check that?

Thanks again fellas.