[HOW TO] Install the leaked Android 4.0.4 ICS build on the Droid 4 (XT894)

G3T_UR_0WN_W1F1

Reaction score
Do I HAVE to flash the system version 6.13.219? Cuz in the other forum, it said that if I haven't edited my buil.prop file or modified the contents of my /system folder, I can skip step 1... but my fone is rooted and I'm not sure if that counts as modification of the folder "/system"...

GuitarSkater

Reaction score
Nice tutorial!! I dont know where I messed up during the update but for some reason some apps that copied over would crash when launched and the phone would hang up and freeze and then reboot after it was froze for a few minutes it finally reboots. I went into recovery and then wiped the data and cache and it works like a champ! i lot root but root keeper kept it and I had to reinstall all my apps, but ICS was worth it in the end.

ProCompSolutions

Reaction score
Follwed to a T on my wifes phone. Skipped step 1 as its a stock phone. Worked awesome = Happy wife! Thanks guys/gals.

standard101

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6 Edge
But does that run the risk of bricking my fone?

Since the first step requires you to flash the 219 file AND obtain root before moving on to step 2, if rooting is all you've done to your stock phone then you're set without step 1. The 219 file in the OP is the stock file, you should already be on that version with root and should be safe to move on to step 2.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
G3T_UR_0WN_W1F1 said:
Do I HAVE to flash the system version 6.13.219? Cuz in the other forum, it said that if I haven't edited my buil.prop file or modified the contents of my /system folder, I can skip step 1... but my fone is rooted and I'm not sure if that counts as modification of the folder "/system"...

If u haven't done anything but root ur phone, ur good.

sent frm my Rooted DROID4 on ICS

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
If u haven't done anything but root ur phone, ur good.

sent frm my Rooted DROID4 on ICS
True, but it's always nice to start from a clean slate and if something goes wrong then he would have to flash 219. I'm the type of person who likes to follow instructions to the T so it is easier to troubleshoot should something go wrong. Besides, sometimes people install things or make a change not knowing it affected a system file and then we see a frantic post about their inability to flash ICS.

amishdude01

Reaction score
Sorry If this was posted before, but I couldnt find anything..... Is there a way to disable 4g? I know the razr you can type "#*#*6464#*#*" or whatever it is.

Twisted4u

Reaction score
i did a data wipe on unsafe side now the screen is all scrambled and can not make anything out on it any ideas. i am thinking i will have to re flash .213 leak

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Why do people keep using safestrap to install a leak? I hate to say this but do people read these instruction?

YOU CANNOT INSTALL A LEAK VIA SAFESTRAP.

Twisted4u

Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
Why do people keep using safestrap to install a leak? I hate to say this but do people read these instruction?

YOU CANNOT INSTALL A LEAK VIA SAFESTRAP.

I didn't use it to install the leak I had the leak on my phone for a week but I wanted to undo what I did to the leak user wise so I did a data wipe I never said I was trying to flash the leak