[HOW TO] Install the leaked Android 4.0.4 ICS build on the Droid 4 (XT894)

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
I had to charge phone and eat. Running back and forth between phone/computer and cleaning aquarium. Working on it now

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Sorry, you missed the boat. Any upgrades after this point will not be supported or sanctioned by Motorola or Verizon.

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
So here what is going on. Decided to start over at 215. Went good and tried to take the OTA update to 219 and installation aborted...says..

verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/LatinIME.apk", "7a324c7a2985804975ccdbb73dd7763cdb77f15", "451b97f3b7cf2176db748e275186c6c4120e39fa")
E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.6.13.215.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Flash 215 and then apply the update. If you did that already do it again. LatinIME.apk is one of the keyboard apk's (applications).

The main cause of the failure to update is either a corrupt stock system or corrupt update file. If the stock file system is corrupt that means something was changed/modded and was not changed back, or the update was corrupted during the download or transfer to the sd card.

In your case you're updating from 215 to 219 and it aborts. I think the flashing of 215 (if you did it) was not complete. I doubt the download of 219 via OTA was corrupt but it can be. I would first start by reflashing 215.

Last edited:

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
If the stock system is corrupt how would I go about repairing it? OTA stock 219 wont install from 215 and when I had 219 flashed on here the ICS would not install. RSDLite has said finished and PASS each time I have done 215 or 219

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You can try the Droid 4 Tool that I updated. If you have the fastboot zip for 215 or 219 you can just add the files to the "files" folder of the tool. Make sure you unzip it first. Link in my signature.

Sounds like you have having a tough time. Shouldn't be so hard to go my GB to ICS. Hope you get it straight.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
If the stock system is corrupt how would I go about repairing it? OTA stock 219 wont install from 215 and when I had 219 flashed on here the ICS would not install. RSDLite has said finished and PASS each time I have done 215 or 219
Let's take it one step at a time. There's no way to know what's going on until you tell us exactly what you are currently on and what you've done subsequent to that. So please be detailed and tell us.

I have to put my sons to sleep but I'll be checking back as much as I can.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
That is a generic error that occurs when you haven't installed the correct files before flashing or your phone is not currently at STOCK level.

Here are links to the STOCK GB files:
Download Links
Direct Mirror download

If you are currently running Gingerbread you must RE-INSTALL the STOCK 6.15.219 OTA including wiping user data and cache. Then when it restarts you don't even need to let it boot, just hold down Volume Down + Power and wait for it to turn off. Power back up holding both volumes + power and run the leak install. So, just do two installs back to back. First flash the STOCK OTA then immediately flash the 213 leak.

If you can't find the 213 leak link here is a Mirror copy

The error message means you have modified files on your phone so the OTA version check can't verify you have the correct version.

If you are running a leak and want to update to a newer leak I wrote a menu driven script to prepare your phone for the update. Follow instructions in this post:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/212634-simplified-211-update-guide-10.html#post2158860

Tom

thts crazy, i didn't bother anything. did not unistall anything...well, i'll go this route

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
I used the Droid 4 Utility and Fastbooted to 219. It got stuck before droid screen and kept saying droid. Rebooted and its running 219 now but the browser opens and immediately closes. Should that worry me before attempting ICS

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
I got phone from someone. It was on 6.13.215. It wouldnt install the OTA update due to status 7 error. Fastbooted to 6.13.219. Attempted ICS and failed signature verification. I have flashed 219 multiple times. Finally went back to 215 and wouldnt take OTA update again. See post above and thats where I am right now

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!

when i got the phone, umm about 2 and half weeks ago, i think..lol, it was already one (.219) gingerbread, so at this piont when i first tried to install the leak. it gave me that prompt telling me that the update failed. So i found out that i had to flash the Fastboot files. the one tht i flashed was the (.219) gingerbread. so no at this piont i got myself a fresh new GB, and went ahead and Rooted with the Droid 4 utility. It did its thing and Rooted my D4 as it suppose to..=D. now im rooted and went ahead install the OTA Rootkeeper using the D4 utility to do so.......then i just followed the "How to thread" for the leaks

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
UPDATE!!

...Wow! ICS is pretty sick, everything went ok. Updated to the latest ICS leak after flashing the Fastboot files of the (.219) of Gingerbread. And Youtube is krazy fast, all the embedded videos play flawlessly....thanks for everyones help...

sent frm my Rooted DROID4 on ICS

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I know this is probly the wrong thread to ask this but.......
If I'm on aokp as I type this, I won't update to the ics that verizon is doin? Meaning I can skip it?
If I do update, will I lose my whole rom set up?...iv spent a lot to time themeing it and searching themes that are for other phones but work with mine..
Or can I just restore my rom nandroid backup after I have the verizon ics update?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I got phone from someone. It was on 6.13.215. It wouldnt install the OTA update due to status 7 error. Fastbooted to 6.13.219. Attempted ICS and failed signature verification. I have flashed 219 multiple times. Finally went back to 215 and wouldnt take OTA update again. See post above and thats where I am right now
What mods did the previous owner do to the phone?

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
More than likely nothing. Bought it from elderly black woman. I used the droid 4 utility and running 219. I tried installing update and still says signature verification error