[HOW TO] Install the leaked Android 4.0.4 ICS build on the Droid 4 (XT894)

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
That is where I am at right now. Stock 219 via that method and then root via Motofail.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
It could be. I've noticed that sometimes sometimes people don't wait for fastboot to completely finish and that causes problems too.

Looking at the RSDLite program you have to get to the point where it says it's finished. I noticed that it will boot the phone and everything looks good but RSDLite still says it's waiting for the phone to reboot. At that point you have to turn off the phone, hold power and volume up and volume down at the same time. Then use the down volume button to go to AP Fastboot and use volume up button to select it. Then RSDLite will complete and reboot the phone.

Last edited:

hooblah2u2

Reaction score
Downloading this and "Decompress And Start Flashing" will take some time but I'll keep up with you two.

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
I am fastbooting 219 per your detailed instructions to make sure we are on same page

jayetruth

Reaction score
definitely did. that could have been my original problem. now i'm stock 219 rooted thru motofail.

next move sensei. :cool:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Next I would suggest you guys redownload the leak you want to use, I would suggest 213. Here is the link https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5YH1w-_H3yCbng3UTEwRG0wNEk/edit

Once its downloaded you have to unzip it. Inside there will be two files with the same name, but one is a zip and the other is a crc file. You need the zip file, which is Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip. Copy it to your SD card, do not put in a folder on your SD card.

You guys have an external SD card, right?

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
Yes. Downloaded 213 from link. unzipped and placed the zip on SD card and not in folder

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
So both you guys finished flashing 219 so RSDLite says Pass, you rooted and did the necessary steps with Rootkeeper, and now you've both downloaded the leak, unzipped it, and placed the correct file on your sd card?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Next step is to apply the update:

1. Power off your phone, then hold the volume up, volume down, and power buttons at the same time until you see the bootloader menu
  2. Use the volume down button to navigate to "Recovery" then use the volume up button to select it
  3. When you see the android/triangle, press both volume buttons together
  4. Select "apply update from sdcard" then press the power button
  5. Select the .zip file and wait for the installation to finish

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted