[HOW TO] Install the leaked Android 4.0.4 ICS build on the Droid 4 (XT894)

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I hate to barge into the middle of a conversation, but I need an explanation also. I just tried to install the latest ICS update in safemode and found myself with a grey-screen brick. The installation didn't really even begin and came up with a (status 6) error. I was easily able to switch back to non-safe mode and restore my previous settings so no harm done, but I would much like to be able to conquer this mystery and flash roms as I please.
You cannot use Safestrap to install the leaks.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Jayetruth and MemphisTiger:

Did you download the leaks today? Which ones (200, 206, 208, 211, 212, or 213)? If you guys both downloaded the same leak file today and are having the same problems then I'm thinking the download my be corrupt.

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
So I flashed to 219 again. Droid 4 utility will not root my phone. bang head against wall

jayetruth

Reaction score
Jayetruth and MemphisTiger:

Did you download the leaks today? Which ones (200, 206, 208, 211, 212, or 213)? If you guys both downloaded the same leak file today and are having the same problems then I'm thinking the download my be corrupt.

Starting to think i was abig fat loser. Thats a great thought.

I downloaded 212 and 213 today.

Memphis?

hooblah2u2

Reaction score
How do I get into stock recovery then? Also, will someone please explain fastboot to me?
Thank you very much!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Each of you tell us what you had on the stock GB (root, safestrap, anything else).

There shouldn't be a verification error unless something was not matching up. Therefore the flashing of 219 did not complete or there are remnents of Safestrap left in the system file. I mentioned a couple pages back that there were a couple lines in the system file that must be modified. Uninstalling Safestrap does not always clear the modified logwrapper files so that can cause an error when updating. When you update the stock system has to be completely stock (except for rooting).

The other problem is that assuming 219 is completely stock but the update is failing then the ICS leak update on your SD card may be corrupt. Also be sure to place the update in the SD card and not in any folder on the SD card.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
How do I get into stock recovery then? Also, will someone please explain fastboot to me?
Thank you very much!
It's all mentioned in the instructions. Fastboot is the way to return your phone back to stock. Once it is stock then you can apply an update, in this case the update is one of the ICS leaks. If your phone is not stock then the ICS leak will not update the phone because it looks for a stock system.

MemphisTiger

Reaction score
Thanks it recognized phone and is rooting now. When I was messing around on phone after flashing to 219 I noticed that when I opened the browser it would open and then close down 5 sec later. Everytime i tried it would close. Also tried dolpin and it would close.

hooblah2u2

Reaction score
I have a rooted, stock 2.3.6 but truthfully I'm not exactly sure about fastbook. I thought I had it installed but how can I make sure?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I have a rooted, stock 2.3.6 but truthfully I'm not exactly sure about fastbook. I thought I had it installed but how can I make sure?
Fastboot is not an application you put on your phone, it is a method Motorola uses to return phones back to stock.

jayetruth

Reaction score
Orange--

youre a rock star. thanks for helping all day. I was rooted with safestrap on 219. I deleted those lines of codes earlier. I'm now fastbooting straight to 219. IF this fails it must be the download right?