How To??? Install system app apk. Please Help!

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
I tried that already but thank you for the help. i only know how they appear in titanium backup. In tibu they are as follows emergency alerts 2.3.4, im 3.0.4.6, backup assistant 2.3.4. I need these if anyone can help.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Beat me to it lol. Those are the two files needed to restore emergency services in Tibu

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
I know but tibu wont restore them. I dont know why. I backed them up in tibu!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I tried that already but thank you for the help. i only know how they appear in titanium backup. In tibu they are as follows emergency alerts 2.3.4, im 3.0.4.6, backup assistant 2.3.4. I need these if anyone can help.

you mean you tried copy them into system/app and changing permissions, then rebooting?

just unzip the file I attached, then copy and paste both into system/app and set permissions, reboot

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Didn't notice those were system files, not Tibu backups! much easier. here is backup assistant and emergency services in one zip, already had it put together.
http://db.tt/qhffHpEr

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
I will try it out. I also need im 3.0.4.6 i think it is the im widget . it is a red square

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I also can upload the IM apk and dex but need to hear if you are able to copy, paste, set permissions, reboot...and they do install...

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
I already restored im presence 2.3.4. I need the im widget. it is im 3.0.4.6 in tibu

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I have to get some sleep I guess LOL, Mbk has got you covered! Good luck!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
VZWIM...but are you able to copy and paste what's been posted?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
alrighty then... have a good one:dry:

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
Hello and good morning. Thank you for everybody's help yesterday. Yes I was able to get the cmas.apk to work in system /apps. I only need a few more. com.motorola.im is one of them. Can anyone help with this one. I cannot seem to locate it in the bionic system dump i downloaded here on droid forums.

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
I am still having trouble getting the files com.motorola.android.buacontactadaptor.apk , com.motorola.backupassistanceclient.apk to work. Also I cannot find the file com.motorola.im.apk anywhere??? Maybe it has a different name??? Can something please help me with the steps ?? I was able to restore most of the apps I uninstalled but these are giving me problems. Should I wipe cache, should i put the odex file in the system app first or second???? I must be missing something!

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
Update, I have gotten com.motorola.android.backupassistanceclient.apk to work. Now I just need to get com.motorola.android.buacontactadaptor.apk to work. I follow the same steps as i did with the backupassistanceclient but it wont work. Also I still cannot find com.motorola.im.

OP
M

michael22

Reaction score
I am hoping that someone can please give me a hand! I am having trouble adding the files for backupassistanceclient.apk and buacontactadapter.apk and a few others. I was able to add all of the others that I was missing very easily by adding them to system apps and changing the permissions. I must be doing something wrong with the order or something of that nature. Should i add the apk or odex file first and should i restart after i place the apk and then place the odex and restart once more?