How to install and remove Bootstrap Recovery

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Before installing I HIGHLY recommend that you have rsdlite and you have it ready to go if needed: Ready to go means that you have used it before and tested it to make sure it will work. If you wait until you have problems to run rsdlite then you are more likely to panic. I would make sure that everything is set up and ready to go just in case.

Installing Bootstrap Recovery (thanks to Wimervision for the video):

[video=youtube;ApZ_oSV7CTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApZ_oSV7CTg]YouTube - Howto: Install Motorola Droid X Custom Recovery by Koush[/video]

Removing Bootstrap Recovery (Thanks to Android Forums):

Removal from an Androidforums post:
UNINSTALL the Recovery APK (Droid X Bootstrapper) in Settings, Applications
Reboot
Run "adb shell"
Run "su"
Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
Reboot

The commands can be used with terminal emulator do all the commands except for the first command. (Run adb shell)

zoo16

Reaction score
Excellent info. Thanks! thankfully, I had no problems with my Bootstrap install, as I had downloaded RSDlite but had not opened it.

xmguy

Reaction score
I downloaded bootstrap too. It already had Clockwork Mod. I was able to backup without needing RSD lite.

Reaction score
This was given by Hostility6 and it worked for me.

1. Reroot
2. Get root explorer in the market
3. Uninstall the bootstrap app
4. Go into root explorer to system/bin
5. In top right corner tap r/w
6. Delete the file called hijack
7. Delete logwrapper
8. Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper
9. Reboot and it should be gone.

This procedure worked fine for me on my Droid2

pkbest

Reaction score
I downloaded bootstrap too. It already had Clockwork Mod. I was able to backup without needing RSD lite.

Same here, I have an APK file for it that works great. It installs the app ( I used Astro File Manager to do it), and clockwork Mod installs with it. I thought they were all one, but how it sounds is two different apps working together.

B.S.D.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot 1943 I want to leave my phone stock for a while and for the life of me I could not stop my phone from starting in CWM. I'm glad I took my time and didn't jump the gun and brick my phone not knowing what I was doing. Thanks for the post it really helped Bro. Keep doing your thing. :) oh yeah and thanks Hostility6 you guys are great.