How to I get root back on 2.2.1?

BrendonSF

Reaction score
It sounds like people are having luck with the scorched earth method... I'm going to hold out hope that another fix comes around though.
I'm going to hold out too. I'm spending entirely way too much time trying to figure this out. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

FYI, after trying numerous methods, I finally found one that worked: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/80080-much-simpler-guide-rooting-no-pc-required.html

I used this package from droidlife, which contains all the necessary files: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
(I replaced Superuser.apk with the latest version though)

OP
ekf028

ekf028

Reaction score
It sounds like people are having luck with the scorched earth method... I'm going to hold out hope that another fix comes around though.
I'm going to hold out too. I'm spending entirely way too much time trying to figure this out. Lol

FYI, after trying numerous methods, I finally found one that worked: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/80080-much-simpler-guide-rooting-no-pc-required.html

I used this package from droidlife, which contains all the necessary files: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
(I replaced Superuser.apk with the latest version though)

That is probably the only one I have not tried, will wait for another day though, almost time for
chiefs~ chargers

turdbogls

Reaction score
interesting....l used Z4Root with no problems. took like 20+ minutes to FLASH, but it flashed.

dsteinschneider

Reaction score
I renamed bloatware, successfully ran update, and then tried z4root. The first time it appeared to lock up so I restarted the Droid X and ran it again. The second time it said it successfully rooted the phone but it wasn't. Then I did the bunch of steps of extracting rage and copy the files to system and changing permissions mounting etc using Android Terminal. It was great to go through those steps because I've been meaning to learn how to do command line stuff on the phone. I then ran z4root again and it again appeared to lock up. This time I walked away from the phone and came back 20 minutes later. The phone was frozen so I pulled the battery and when it restarted it was rooted. I wonder if I had just done that the first time if it would have worked without all the other steps.