How to hook up phone to TV using USB/phone charger

HomeChef4389

Reaction score
I have a Vizio flat screen TV with USB port on side, and when I connect my phone, the phone recognizes the TV but the TV may not be recognizing the phone... I would like to watch hulu and NETFLIX on my TV using my Droid Razr....

pbickel

Reaction score
Buy a mini HDMI to HDMI they cost like $5 on amazon and work great through the HDMI

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

SallyC

Reaction score
I have a Vizio flat screen TV with USB port on side, and when I connect my phone, the phone recognizes the TV but the TV may not be recognizing the phone... I would like to watch hulu and NETFLIX on my TV using my Droid Razr....

What you want to do, as pbickel says, is connect to your TV using an HDMI cord. Be sure you get one with a micro (not mini) end such as this one at Amazon. It's $9.97 and is 15 ft long. You want to be sure you get one long enough you can actually use it comfortable. :happy3:

Here's how you do it:

Using mirror mode
  1. Plug in an HDMI cable to connect your phone and your HDTV.
  2. To adjust the viewable area, press the menu key> Settings > HDMI > Overscan. Move the slider to adjust the viewable area.
Note: you can't display DRM-protected content from your phone. So some apps may block your ability to do this.

patman68

Reaction score
I bought the cables, cords, and adapters. I go to put my phone in the dock, and I cant get HDMI mode. Told that I have to download app. Not what it shows in videos from VZW. Any tips?