How to handle the confused Bionic haters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bens42608

I have recently been extremely irritated with people not having enough respect for the bionic. The rumor of it having a terrible screen has gotten out of hand. The lcd is beautiful and bright. The cpu is a gig but it runs blazing fast with quality. Other processors that are up to 0.2 gigs faster are not necessarily better. The matrix screen helps conserve power the screen is gorilla glass and excellent the extended battery is awesome... 893 fixed radio issues and helped battery..... etc etc. How do you deal with people saying the bionic is crap without getting angry knowing it is amazing and possibly the best one out right now?? Obv u shouldn't care what other people think. Its about what u like ... but come on sometimes u must get a lil miffed like me. How do u handle it? Don't say anything that could hold u accountable in court if u did anything illegal to them ;) thankz.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I don't even think the Bionic is that bad. The screen isn't even bad. Just because it isn't the best out there doesn't mean its bad. Ya data is kind of lame but I only notice it when im trying to use wifi. Plus Verizon and Motorola have recognized it and are sending a fix. I think its a great phone, it just has a few little kinks. Just like every other new phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

busab

Reaction score
The same way I do when people bash my glorious Razr. Just ignore them. Or kindly tell them to poop off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
busab is right... gotta do your own research, use your own experience, and not listen to what everybody says... heck, if everyone listened to everyone else on the forums, people would never buy any phone b/c they all have "so many" problems!

Reaction score
So far, imo, the RAZR and BIONIC are the best two out as of now. Even the nexus is worse... the only good thing good on the nexus is ics. Ha. But wait until these two beasts get hold of it...

SgtMike

Reaction score
Who cares what other people say? If you're happy with it that's all that matters.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far, imo, the RAZR and BIONIC are the best two out as of now. Even the nexus is worse... the only good thing good on the nexus is ics. Ha. But wait until these two beasts get hold of it...

I agree with this myself. Razr and Bionic are the 2 best phones you could get at Verizon.

Also sites like Droid Life created the propaganda of the pentile hate and it spread like wildfire. I even bought into it originally but I think the screen is awesome after seeing it myself. There are some sites like DL that aim to influence peoples opinions with their writing and I am convinced they do it because of financial kickbacks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

iiiwildfireiii

Reaction score
I love my Bionic. End story. Hates gonna hate, I guess. Granted I came from the original Moto Droid to the Bionic, so to me it was like a night and day difference. I don't see why people complain about the screen either but whatever. To each their own.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I hated my bionic because of data drops... other than that amazing phone *shrug*. The screen, while I wanna curse everytime I pick it up right now checking out apps while transferring to my rezound, was a great choice by moto that made a lot of haters. It has it's flaws, but unless you are looking for them, or have it and a great screen side by side all the time you won't notice it. If you really wanna shut the haters up about the screen.... take them outside. Hold your fists though and show them where the bionic shines.. literally ;). it's not a huge battery drain either. I've said it before, and I'll stand by it even with the rezound, the choice moto made on the screen was a good one for 70%++++ of users. The processor choice.. It's a TI OMAPP, A+, end of story. The camera is really the only big flaw (if you count out data drops i.e. live in a strong 4G area) is the camera, and it's liveable *shrug*.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Not really sure I "hate my Bionic" and I am surely not confused, nor do I believe the other thousands of folks that are experiencing these very well known/published issues are confused.

The real issue I have with the "Bionic" is Motorola's and Verizon's inability to address problems that prevent the Bionic from being the positive user experience that the product was intended to be. Everything about the specs, the screen, the form-factor was everything I expected it to be. But the list of problems, probably three-quarters of which seem to happen to me daily are not acceptable. If they fix the problems great, until then, unforutnately, the people who should be supporting the product are a direct reflection on the product itself.

When and if the problems are fixed, I'll be the first to bestow the virtues the product derserves, and this product does have great potential. If the product is working well for you, great! But who are you to criticize people and call people confused when they simply demand that their product work as intended!
'dawg

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
only b/c of some overnight occurrences am I saying this now... keep it civil and respectful.

markwebb

Reaction score
Coming from an OG Droid and on my 7th day as a new Bionic owner, I am quite thrilled with the Bionic. It is superb. Love its speed, form factor and the screen. I have no issues with the screen: I can see it in bright daylight unlike the majority of phones!

True, camera is not the best, but first and foremost this is a PHONE for me, so any pictures are not being shot for their aritistic and technical qualities. Also, FX Camera Zoom presents a better option.

I have had no dropped data connections, but I live in a 3G area. Moreover, i have conquered my battery issues: I just turn off most services as identified in another thread and now I am getting 14+ hours with light-moderate usage. Standby time is superb.

I am quite satisfied with my purchase and don't have buyer's remorse. This phone will easily fulfill my requirements for the next 20 months.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For me it's easy, other than the screen the razor and Bionic are the same hardware and I like the screen due to it's performance in the sunshine. If fish a lot and have to be able to respond to clients even while on the water. This is the absolutely best phone/screen in the sunshine that I've ever seen. THE BEST!!

Installation of the leaked OTA solves the data issue and the camera issue for the vast majority of users. That indicates to me that by the time the final OTA is pushed out, the data and camera fix will be 100%. I also point out that All 4g phones have experienced the exact same data losses as the Bionic. We have a removable battery and a true sdcard. What's not to love? Oh, yeah, the locked bootloader is not to love, but all except the Nex has that.

Status
Not open for further replies.